Sheffield moving to fortnightly bin collections

its a farce, ive got 2 babies, i fill a black bin in one week just wi nappies!

I'd do the same, but your previous position was not to recycle for the sake of depriving Veolia of income with no benefit to yourself.

It's fair do's to be in competition with Veolia, as it's OK for all businesses to have competitors.

I wont do Veolias dirty work for them ,no . If they want to seperate my rubbish and sell it ,thats up to them . I only make sure i keep any valuable scrap metal for myself. Im sure Veolia can find plenty of minimum wage workers to scrounge through all my rubbish once they have it.

Not ready for that yet but am already "on the way" - two yogurt pots are in.......

Im with you on this, pottedplant. I too am going to evoke the wrath of the planet savers by throwing the odd contaminant in the recyle bin. ;)

where are the bin men this morning? It's eleven o'clock now and they are usually here for 8 o'clock.

Im with you on this, pottedplant. I too am going to evoke the wrath of the planet savers by throwing the odd contaminant in the recyle bin. ;)

I wake up most morning around 0400hrs and on bin day I distribute unacceptable rubbish into my neighbours bins so I don't need a green bin or a blue one. My blue one has been converted to a rain water collection bin. I recycle rain water where it is needed.

Edited by Lucifer
add to

I wont do Veolias dirty work for them ,no . If they want to seperate my rubbish and sell it ,thats up to them . I only make sure i keep any valuable scrap metal for myself. Im sure Veolia can find plenty of minimum wage workers to scrounge through all my rubbish once they have it.

So from 'one' of your original stand points in defence of the lowly paid having to work 'really really hard' in all weathers sorting through rubbish, you're now ok with that, in fact you go out of your way to make it difficult for anyone who has to do this unforgiving task.

Getting really bad now - done the Friday Big Shop - put shopping away and blue bin now has a plastic carton that had tomotoes in it too :blush:

Getting really bad now - done the Friday Big Shop - put shopping away and blue bin now has a plastic carton that had tomotoes in it too :blush:

shame on you ............. you are the reason climate change is happening . You should be ashamed of yourself............you should be forced to attend a Re-Cyclering convention and be forced to listen to a speech about how to seperate your rubbish in the correct manner and help the planet at the same time. :hihi::hihi:

We've been awarded a bigger bin as we have five people in our household and three babies in nappies. This is all well and good but so far since the changes were implemented our bins haven't been collected on the designated day, it's been the day after. So it's alright giving us a bigger bin but it's anybody's guess when they're actually gonna turn up to empty it :rolleyes:

Also, the bin men keep leaving about 4 bins from our cul-de-sac right in front of my car on my driveway, so I have to move people's bins before I can drive off, yet other people's drives are clear, with no car and they don't leave them there :rant: I don't leave my bin right in front of my car ready for them to collect, I think they should put it back where they found it.

Thought things were going well - we had been managing fine. Today however I go to put a bag of rubbish in my bin and find that itis virtually full (not with our rubbish - which goes into the bin in tied black sacks - and the bags are full of unsorted waste). I am now rather upset :(

Thought things were going well - we had been managing fine. Today however I go to put a bag of rubbish in my bin and find that itis virtually full (not with our rubbish - which goes into the bin in tied black sacks - and the bags are full of unsorted waste). I am now rather upset :(

Blame the council............

Theres going to be a hell of a lot of fly tipping... especially when there refusing to give people a extra or bigger bin even though they need it.