Sheffield Wednesday transfer rumours - Summer 2012

Derby apparently had to pay around £470k compo to Aberdeen for him, and are wanting to recoup that if not more... £500k may be a bit too much for MM for someone who flopped in the Championship last season (but is capable of great goals).

Perhaps he's one of those that's worth a punt, if he settles in at S6 he might rediscover his better Aberdeen days? Derby can see that the owls are very keen to get him with two failed bids already, so if they're in no hurry to sell, they can wait and see just how much MM and DJ want him?

I'd have thought the owls would really be wanting to get an experienced central midfielder who's comfortable at Championship level, and can control a game - that would be worth splashing that bit extra cash on - not sure if there are many of those around just yet - perhaps when we get nearer August and squads start taking shape?

Danny Murphy?

Well I'm sorry only passing on something I was told by an owl very well in the know :)

No need to apologise Pete, believe it or not it is possible to visit Amsterdam and Sheffield on the same day

Best

Keith

Edited by mr_blue_owl
typo