Are Sheffield drivers going blind?

I bet the BAC limit doesn't apply to walking in Germany!

Pedestrians are supposed to have liability insurance?

Why would the BAC limit not apply? - It is an offence (under the law of England and Wales) to be drunk on a public highway. I doubt people are prosecuted very often, but it is still an offence.

It is an offence in Germany, too - and since BAC is used to determine intoxication, it follows that the BAC limits apply to pedestrians. I doubt that many people are prosecuted for it, but (according to a local policeman - the one I was talking to about the one-egged bike rider) people have been prosecuted for being drunk on a public highway.

Everybody in Germany is supposed to have personal liability insurance. If something I own or control, or if something I do (or fail to do) causes damage or injury to somebody else (or to the property of another) I can (under certain circumstances) be prosecuted and I can be sued. If I do not have personal liability insurance, I'd better have deep pockets.

People who own dogs are also supposed to have dog liability insurance. - If a dog ran out into the road causing a car to swerve and that car hit a person, another vehicle or other property and caused damage or injury, the car's insurers (probably) wouldn't have to pay - and they would certainly contest any attempt to make them do so.

The dog's owner would have to pay.

another lorry driver above the law, another dead pedestrian.

By the end of the year she will just be a statistic on a spreadsheet.

http://thecyclingsilk.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/joao-lopes-sentence.html

There is no excuse for fiddling with tachos and driving without glasses that are part of your licence entitlement. Just to point out that this driver was one of those people who deserved the book throwing at them. As a lot of cyclists say on SF, you cant tar all cyclists with the same brush. There are good and safe and courteous riders, just like the same can be said for lorry drivers. Until both can respect each other, there can be no positive outcome.

The bit ive bolded sums up cyclists to a tee. Twice over.

Sir Chris Hoyle. Bradley Wiggins. Victoria Pendleton ,Edd Clancy, Mark Cavendish along with a cast of millions all fit and non polluting.

There is no excuse for fiddling with tachos and driving without glasses that are part of your licence entitlement. Just to point out that this driver was one of those people who deserved the book throwing at them. As a lot of cyclists say on SF, you cant tar all cyclists with the same brush. There are good and safe and courteous riders, just like the same can be said for lorry drivers. Until both can respect each other, there can be no positive outcome.

You've changed your tune a bit now haven't you since your previous post in 364. :roll:

Car drivers are right....we cyclists shouldn't be on the road.

We have to understand that many of these Idiot car drivers going around in there own little private bubble world don't even notice, or care about other car drivers, let alone cyclists or pedestrians.

Look how they treat each other when it comes to lane changes! God help you if you don't know the area, they won't show enough courtesy to let you move over..even if you do indicate, and that's if they even notice what your trying to do!

Why would any right minded cyclist want to be on the road.

Don't expect any common sense or courtesy from most.

Expect intensionally rude and selfish behaviour from some.

Be appreciative when you get good driving from the few (chances are these types use more than one mode of transport).

I drive a car, ride a bicycle and a motorbike and am mostly disappointed by the behaviour of car drivers when I'm on either.

And yes, some people on bicycles can be idiots, but remember any member of the public can jump on a bicycle....that dosn't necessarily mean they are a cyclist (a chav on stolen mtb going to the shop for rizzlas dosn't count for example).

Edited by G51065
Spacing

Uh oh, has someone hacked into your account?

Seen anice bloke riding an electric powered push iron on the pavement every morning.gives cyclist a bad name

:hihi::hihi::hihi: They managed that for themselves when they decided the rules of the road were for everybody but them and the footpath was part of the road too. So don't start blaming one person for the bad manners of hundreds

...all fit and non polluting.

This one always makes me laugh...

...was in the Hope Valley a couple of weekends ago, and there were hundreds of cars parked up with bike carriers on the back...

...cycling is clearly sooooo non-polluting! :rolleyes:

cyclist are a pain:rant:

here here!

:hihi::hihi::hihi: They managed that for themselves when they decided the rules of the road were for everybody but them and the footpath was part of the road too. So don't start blaming one person for the bad manners of hundreds

Do you apply the same (poor) logic to drivers?

Do you apply the same (poor) logic to drivers?

cant say ive ever seen a car use a footpath to weave in and out of pedestrians. ive seen quite a few bike riders do this, and it does seem to give the opinion that a lot of cycle riders do have double standards, yet like to moan about the standard of road sense by car drivers. im at the door with this one because it does seem that a lot of cycle riders are indeed a bit stupid when it comes to road sense. that seems like good logic.