England Euro 2012 - Megathread

come on england you can do it have faith peeps :)

Oh I so hope you are right, don't know if you are old enough to remember 66, we need to have a good tournament, been too long. Plus with no one rating us, perhaps no pressure, lets see, just don't like some of the team selection but I'll still support them.

In fact England fans are the only ones I can think of that have suffered more often than our city's fans lol

Might be worth having a bet on England today if your going to have one, best odds at the minute are around 12/1 which can't be grumbled at and if we convincingly beat Norway tomorrow in Hodgson's first game you might shave that down to about 8/1 or even 7/1 as we are massive outsiders at the minute with Spain being around 5/2 and Germany around 3/1 so there is scope for it to close massively.

Anything can happen in these tournaments, Ideally one or two of the under dogs will do us a favour and take a couple of our main rivals out of the running while we grind our way through the group stages and quarters because if we do get to the semi finals this time I would be more confident of our chances than I have been in recent major tournaments.

Latest is Rob Green is to start in goal, Central midfield will have Steve Gerrard and Scott Parker in it and Hodgson is going to support his golden boy Andy Carroll by starting him up front.

Edited by bassett-boys

If anyone would like to join my EURO 2012 Fantasy league follow this link http://en.euro2012fantasy.uefa.com/ then pick your team, when you have done that go to join a league and enter this code 130174-30516

Edited by CorkerSWFC

My outsiders for EURO 2012 Russia @ 26/1 with BetDaq worth an each way effort at least...

Seems like 2 wins on the trot still hasn't done much for the bookies as we've now drift out to 14/1. Hollands 6-0 hammering of N.Ireland hasn't really done much for them, they stand at 7/1 with Ladbrokes. Favourites are still Spanish at around 5/2 with Germans close at 3/1.

England to reach semi's pays around 2/1 at the minute which might be worth a punt?

Seems like 2 wins on the trot still hasn't done much for the bookies as we've now drift out to 14/1. Hollands 6-0 hammering of N.Ireland hasn't really done much for them, they stand at 7/1 with Ladbrokes. Favourites are still Spanish at around 5/2 with Germans close at 3/1.

England to reach semi's pays around 2/1 at the minute which might be worth a punt?

Did you miss an '0' off those semi final odds ?

England - just cant see them getting out of the group , hope im wrong but dunt seem to be very attacking , and so far boring football . ill still be in the pub somewhere cheering them on lol

I've never known a tournament where people have been so underwhelmed.

It appeared the easy option for manager and a yes man.

He has picked some players in the team that can't be justified.

I see us getting no further than the quarters.

The lack of England flags being hung out of house windows has struck me, there's usually thousands...

Hodgson is by far the most qualified English manager to run the team, but due to the poor preparation and injuries I cannot see England getting out of the group. I foresee a loss against France and two 0-0 draws against Sweden and the Ukraine.

I blame Capello for this for walking out on England at such a critical moment, he should have manned up and accepted the decision and did his best at the tournament.

I blame Capello for this for walking out on England at such a critical moment, he should have manned up and accepted the decision

That's a contradiction in terms. Letting other people interfere with your job is not "manning up."

That's a contradiction in terms. Letting other people interfere with your job is not "manning up."

Of course it is, he should have realised that the damage done to the team caused by his leaving was far greater than the damage caused by the change of captain. If he had any "ownership" of the team this is what he would have done, unfortunately it does seem to be very easy to dissolve yourself of any responsibility once your employers have already paid you many millions of pounds.

There are times when all employees have to accept bad and stupid decisions of our employers, sometimes maybe because we enjoy doing our job, I'm sure Capello could have done this in the knowledge that he only had to see the team through to the end of the upcoming tournament.

Edited by JFKvsNixon