Car insurance prices!!

£2,557.58 with Liverpool Victoria - Getting there!!! :)

Did you try tesco pal? if you dont have a clubcard it worth the form filling into get one as it reduces the premium highly. And it was only £1000 for a 306 1.9 D turbo s

I didnt mate. Ill try it now

I've been driving over 14yrs and only have a £500 1.2 punto yet I'm paying over £1k. Goes up by 72p a day though so I'd get a move on.

WHAT???

I'm 23. Passed my test in July 2010 and got a 52 plate Fiat Punto. I pay £890 for the insurance. Thats fully comp. I think you need to change your insurance provider!!

EDIT: Thats with Hastings. My sister is also with Hastings. She's only 18. Has got a 55 plate 1.1 Citroen C2 and pays about £1600. Fully comp.

Edited by angel22

My insurance suddenly went up about 12-18 months ago. It has gone up from about £700 to around £1000 for a typical first cheap first car like a Corsa.

Read it and weep - John Cooper Works Mini 220 HP, insurance for me and her indoors - less than £300. Wonder if it's because we have both been driving for over 40 years without a claim.

Angel.

lol ive never payed more than 1000, and my last car was a 306 dturbo S, 130bhp and that was 1000, we only pay 885 for 1.4 206, but we do live out in the sticks but my partner who pays 885 for the 306 is only 23 and passed her test 1 month ago. i think people need to shop about more and DONT take that comparison sites will find the cheapest. like ive said twice tesco using a clubcard was the cheapest for me. by all means compare the market but the meerkat is the only winner!

Read it and weep - John Cooper Works Mini 220 HP, insurance for me and her indoors - less than £300. Wonder if it's because we have both been driving for over 40 years without a claim.

Angel.

Classic car insurance? I have that too, £450 fully comp :D

Hi, car insurance is silly some thing needs to be done I phoned Quinn direct for a quote for a cheap saxo diesel for running to work and I was told 3600 I am 21 over 4 Years driving pass plus 2years no claims no points and when I ask why this much its todays rates how do they expect any one to get on in life with quotes like this worlds mad what with fuel as well how ever at the moment I find tesco the best prices at moment expensive but reasonable for a bit of paper we need to change this system

Classic car insurance? I have that too, £450 fully comp :D

Makes me glad i'm a Biker ...Fully Comp .. Includes A.A ( Homestart and recovery )..Rider Policy ( Ride owt from a moped to a Harley ) ...Legal expenses included.....£142 ..My Bike : Moto Guzzi 1100 cc California :thumbsup:

Car insurance prices are absolutely despicable. The car insurance companies complain that it is because of uninsured drivers, yet they are forcing drivers to go uninsured by making insurance costs higher than the cost of your car. Considering the amount of people who have 8+ years of no claims and have paid for their cars in insurance 10 times over in their life times, I find it very hard to believe that car insurance companies are close to going bust through personal injury claims and careless drivers as they would have you believe.

The problem is that they all went up about a year or so ago massively due to this apparent rise in personal injury claims. Now, no matter what happens to personal injury claims car insurance will never go down. They have already realised that people will pay these hugely inflated prices for what is effectively nothing and so what incentive do they have to bring them down.

Like many compulsory things in the this country though, it's seemingly completely unregulated by government. This is unbelievable. Anything which is compulsory should either be privatised or extremely heavily regulated.

Just hope you don't have an accident, because then the scum bags will really cripple you.

I wholly understand why people commit insurance fraud on a daily basis. It's no more criminal than the companies themselves.