What have the condems done for you

Nick Clegg is honesty personified!:)

If you want to believe that Wednesday its your perogative but I would disagree with you.

If you want to believe that Wednesday its your perogative but I would disagree with you.

You believe Clegg is dishonest then afterall that. (It's prerogative btw:thumbsup:).

One good thing they have done - increased everyone's taxable allowance.

When they came into office the amount people could earn before tax was £6,475 per year. By April 2013 it will be £9,440.

You believe Clegg is dishonest then afterall that. (It's prerogative btw:thumbsup:).

No more than most other politicians.

Thanks for the spelling lesson - thats what an education under Labour does for you!

PS - Have a quick look at your post 88 as there seems to be a word or two missing.:thumbsup:

No more than most other politicians.

Thanks for the spelling lesson - thats what an education under Labour does for you!

PS - Have a quick look at your post 88 as there seems to be a word or two missing.:thumbsup:

You were trying to be clever though which you patently aren't, something I am never likely to claim to be!:)

One good thing they have done - increased everyone's taxable allowance.

When they came into office the amount people could earn before tax was £6,475 per year. By April 2013 it will be £9,440.

I hope they reinstate the 10% income tax band for the lower paid that Labour removed in 2007.

I hope they reinstate the 10% income tax band for the lower paid that Labour removed in 2007.

Did you support the minimum wage that Labour introduced and was vehemently opposed by the Cons?

It was Labour who introduced the 10% starting rate in the first place. There is no need to bring it back as it applied only to pay between the lower earnings limit and £7455.

Seeing as the personal allowance is now above £7455 it would have no effect whatsoever.

Better to have a higher tax allowance than different tax bands to help the lower paid.

You were trying to be clever though which you patently aren't, something I am never likely to claim to be!:)

I just thought you'd made a honest mistake in posting a sentence that did not make sense and that didn't warrant pointing out.:)

---------- Post added 10-02-2013 at 14:53 ----------

Did you support the minimum wage that Labour introduced and was vehemently opposed by the Cons?

Still do support it. It should also be higher and not subject to tax and national insurance.

Whats the point in having a minimum wage to increase peoples income if you then take deductions from it?

---------- Post added 10-02-2013 at 15:09 ----------

It was Labour who introduced the 10% starting rate in the first place. There is no need to bring it back as it applied only to pay between the lower earnings limit and £7455.

Seeing as the personal allowance is now above £7455 it would have no effect whatsoever.

Better to have a higher tax allowance than different tax bands to help the lower paid.

Gord giveth and Gord taketh away.

Low earners did inadvertantly actually benefit from Gordon Brown removing the 10% tax band. Having sworn that no one would be worse off by its removal, when it was pointed out that people earning between £5,000 and £18,000 would lose out he increased the personal allowance to compensate for this. An action that he'd intended to save money ended up costing a couple of billion.

Agreed theres no need to bring it back at the level it was at when it was removed as the personal allowance level has now surpassed it.

It could however be reinstated for the first slice of income over and above the personal allowance.

Funny how Labour rejected the recommended the £3.20 per hour youth wage though isn't it?

Funny how Labour rejected the recommended the £3.20 per hour youth wage though isn't it?

I bet you thought it was a real scream when Thatcher abolished wages councils didn't you?

what good/bad things has the condems done for you personally/someone you know/or for the good of the country ?

Hmmm... tricky.

Y'know, crusty old curmudgeon that I am, I did experience a (brief) frisson of hope back in 2010 when young Master Clegg said that the Coalition would "deliver radical, reforming government".

I really should have known better. :rolleyes:

I suppose I personally will have benefited from their tinkering with Corporation Tax but that's a bit selfish of me.

People I know? Can't think of any examples.

For the good of the country? Well, they've papered over the cracks and kicked the can down the road (again), deferring the financial reckoning for another day (WARNING: Bond Apocalypse ahoy!!!!)

Other than that, it's been the usual half-assed incompetence mixed in with much avaricious lining of pockets.

Although they did put a much needed stop to Hamish McRuin and his calamitous stewardship of two great offices of state.

So that is one very big plus point in their favour. :D