Unfortunate events in London Marathon - r.i.p Claire Squires

I'm sure a good few of you are aware from the media of the unfortunate circumstances of yesterdays London Marathon which saw Claire Squires, an athlete and fundraiser tragically lose her life whilst running for good causes.

I didn't know this person directly but I am deeply saddened to hear of what happened to her. I have just picked up on a story regarding Claire and her previous efforts to raise money for charity, prior to the marathon she climbed Mount Kilimanjaro raise in excess of £1500 for charity. This effort was in aid of The Samaritans and since the unfortunate events of yesterday an astonishing amount of donations have flooded in on her "just giving" page which I have linked below for anyone interested. So far an astonishing £36,800 has been donated however this is increasing significantly which is great to see. I am off over there now to donate and just thought I would give some of you a chance on here to do the same.

R.I.P Claire, humbled and saddened by your story.

http://www.justgiving.com/Claire-Squires2

In the 10 minutes since creating this thread on here the total on the "JustGiving" page has risen to £40,000 and it's increasing by the minute which is wonderful to see. Let's just hope it continues to grow considering the circumstances.

Awful. One of my friends is friends with her sister and told us of this yesterday. Amazing how much her JG page has raised, just bittersweet. I hope it can be of some comfort to her family that she has helped her charity in such a way. RIP Claire x

Just an update for those who haven't checked the total now stands at £177k and it's still very much growing!. It's such a shame that it has taken this young woman's life to pull everyone together but I'm humbled to see just how many people this lady has touched and how people continue to donate, ashtonishing!

Quartermil.

Including gift aid I suspect this will be at £500,000 before the end of the day. Its growing at a phenomenal rate. Thankfully some good is coming out of this very sad event. I will certainly be making a donation when I get home tonight.

RIP Claire.

£343,000 now. RIP Claire

And up to £368,000 just half an hour later.

The site is struggling a bit so if anyone is trying to donate be patient.

Wow upto £400,000 now