Desktop Computer No Longer Working

turtletom

Hi All,

Dont know if you can help me. My desktop computer was working fine until the other day. I had a message saying I neeeded to check the the version of microsoft was genuine. It is a genuine copy, I followed the steps and they confirmed it was, however now I cant connect to the net as there are no icons in the bottoms right hand corner of the screen, everytime I open the realtek Icon (i use to detect wireless) It keeps closing down.

I dont know what to do, I have thought about a system restore, however it wont allow me to go back before the day this happened. I have looked on net to no gain, any help would be brilliant.

Thanks in advance,

Tom

Would also be useful to know which version of Windows - I had some issues with 7 not long ago after adding hardware - Microsoft thought I had moved 7 to a different machine because it records what hardware is present at time of install! Other than that, melthebell might have hit on the issue.

Archived