The gosney family

would like to talk about the gosney family

have information about the 2 gosney families, through my own Gosney grandfather

I think the mortician for Sheffield in the 50s was called Gosney.

our Gosney family had a small quarry crosspool way. I believe a Mary Gosney of the farm up there has very recently died, She was the 2nd family of my Grandfather John Gosney, My Grandmother died at the age of 36yrs, and he married a second time.Another member of this 2nd family Bernard Gosney was well known in Crosspool, because of his horse & cart. Also the Gosney farm near by.John Gosney also lived at the Bell Hagg Inn Manchester Road, as well as the Moorview Farm at Crosspool. I am first family John Gosney.

I lived in Crosspool 1947-1962 and certainly knew of the Gosneys but did'nt know any of then family members personally.

................a past neighbour of mine had friends called Bill and Mavis Gosney, can't remember where they lived. Sheffield area?

Hi

My name is Roger Tufft, I am related distantly to the Gosneys

I realise there has been no activity here for 4 years, but, if anyone wants to share some knowledge please respond

would like to talk about the gosney family

Terry Gosney off tunwell greave ecclesfield I also had a workmate called Alan Tew Terry married a lass called Julie ! Alan lived up manor park estate

When I was a kid living on Knutton Cres on Parson X I had a mate called Andrew Gosney hes about 58 now .He moved up to High Green I believe in his teens .He had a brother called Peter or possibly Phillip who's about 56 or so now but not seen either for decades now

There used to be a family of Gosneys lived at Stannington - formerly they ran a farm in the area I believe.

I remember a Kevin Gosney who used to play football for Deepcar in the Sunday Sports League around 1975 / 76 - I think he lived Hillsborough / Stannington way.

There used to be a family of Gosneys lived at Stannington - formerly they ran a farm in the area I believe.

Didn't they own the garage that used to be next door to the old postoffice/papershop?