Hip dysplasia diagnosed

willman

My just over 4 year old boxer has just been diagnosed with hip dysplasia. After several months of intermittent lameness we had him x rayed and this was the result.

Restricting him to lead walking is never going to happen,so we have removed sticks and balls from his walks and we're trying to encourage him not to race with the lurchers(like that will happen).

So metacam forever, just got him some human glucosamine and chondritin(4.99 for a years supply), so i may even look to buying CSJ food which also has it in

Give CSJ a ring, explain the condition, and i am sure they will have lots of advice in regards to food to help you, and probably some supplements for joints etc.

Sorry to hear about your boy. Hopefully it'll be manageable relatively easily and he can continue a wonderful life :)

I have a dog that was diagnosed with hd at 18 months old, he also has other medical problems that should have killed him long ago, the vet said he would not reach 8, he's now nearly 11!!!!! He had hydro sessions and, when he is feeling it, I walk him on his harness. I was advised to do this as by encouraging him to pull, it uses the muscles in his back more than his back legs but encourages muscle build up around his joints. He rarely has metacam due to the side effects of long term use.

Mine was diagnosed 8yr ago shes nealy 10 now,had rymadil for years which eventualy made her ill,shes now on metacam which she should have everyday,but only has when shes in pain,we was told lead walks no ball games and no running but she does it all,shes doing great and enjoying life couldent be happier,when i found out i was devestated but she is the happiest girl everx