Skype.. Does anyone still use it?

not 100% sure on this but if the phone connects via a wifi hotspot then you aren't using the mobile network at all and the call should be free or whatever it cost you to connect to the wifi hotspot - a coffee and a bun

if you use the phone to connect to the internet via your mobiles data service and use skype over that then you will be charged for the data service

if you make a normal call to a skype phone using your mobile it's going to cost at least as much as calling any other phone

if you can try turning the phone service off and leave the wifi active then make a short skype call and see if it goes on the bill

Thankyou esme

If I download it onto my mobile is the call free to other Skype users or is there an additional network charge?

I've used Skype on the mobile using my internet usage and there is no extra charge. If you are connecting to a hotspot, or don't have inclusive minutes for internet then it will cost you the same as if you were browsing the forum.

Just a warning though, using Skype on your mobile kills the battery! Fun though driving along, chatting to someone over the water and not having to pay for it!

I have noticed that Skype appear to be having a few problems recently though. Bad connections and losing connections more than usual.

I've used Skype on the mobile using my internet usage and there is no extra charge. If you are connecting to a hotspot, or don't have inclusive minutes for internet then it will cost you the same as if you were browsing the forum.

Just a warning though, using Skype on your mobile kills the battery! Fun though driving along, chatting to someone over the water and not having to pay for it!

I have noticed that Skype appear to be having a few problems recently though. Bad connections and losing connections more than usual.

Thanks.

Not sure the battery usage will make much difference on y phone anyway, it's rubbish as it is.