Hillsborough street name help?

I know where the actual SKELWITH in grimesthorpe is but I was wondering if anyone knew of a similar Rd/Street/Avenue name in the hillsborough or walkley areas??

My friend is moving from Lowedges to Skelwith & has applied for a place for her son in the nearest primary school. This has been turned down but instead of offering him a place in the next nearest school, they've said the only option is keeping him in Lowedges or applying for a place at either hillsborough, meynell or walkley primary. All of which are miles & miles away from Skelwith & are logistically impossible!!!

I'm wondering if SCC made a mistake when offering alternative options. Have they confused Skelwith with a similar street name around hillsborough??

This site will show you the nearest schools.

http://www.schools-search.co.uk/school-search.php?Soutcode=S4+8AY&type=Primary&radius=5&btnSubmit=Submit

Page 27 in this document will show you what schools are over-subscribed and likely to be full:

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/dms/scc/management/corporate-communications/documents/education-and-skills/Reception-Guide/Entrance-into-Reception-30dec11/Entrance%20into%20Reception%2030dec11.pdf

Why not contact them all, yourself, and find out if they have room for your child?

Sell your child to them regard to her achievements, activities etc. and her need to be in their wonderful school.

This site will show you the nearest schools.

http://www.schools-search.co.uk/school-search.php?Soutcode=S4+8AY&type=Primary&radius=5&btnSubmit=Submit

Page 27 in this document will show you what schools are over-subscribed and likely to be full:

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/dms/scc/management/corporate-communications/documents/education-and-skills/Reception-Guide/Entrance-into-Reception-30dec11/Entrance%20into%20Reception%2030dec11.pdf

Why not contact them all, yourself, and find out if they have room for your child?

Sell your child to them regard to her achievements, activities etc. and her need to be in their wonderful school.

I think you must have read the OP with your eyes closed, Lowedges is close to Chesterfield, Hillsborough is very, very far from Chesterfield. The OP is asking why her child would be advised to go to a school that would probably take him/her just over an hour to get to during school rush hour. Can't help you with the road names but I would make a phone call to the education dep't and ask them what planet they are on.

I think you must have read the OP with your eyes closed, Lowedges is close to Chesterfield, Hillsborough is very, very far from Chesterfield. The OP is asking why her child would be advised to go to a school that would probably take him/her just over an hour to get to during school rush hour. Can't help you with the road names but I would make a phone call to the education dep't and ask them what planet they are on.

I think everyone needs to read the OP properly. The OP is looking for a school near Skelwith Road, which is in Grimesthorpe. Her friend is moving FROM Lowedges to Grimesthorpe, but has not been offered any school places near Grimesthorpe.

As well as her 5 year old son, She has a 2year old a 1year old and a newborn. It is logistically impossible for her to get him to school on public transport to either lowedges or hillsborough. The council will surely have to give him a place on appeal.

I think everyone needs to read the OP properly. The OP is looking for a school near Skelwith Road, which is in Grimesthorpe. Her friend is moving FROM Lowedges to Grimesthorpe, but has not been offered any school places near Grimesthorpe.

That's basically exactly what I said, only from another angle.

That's basically exactly what I said, only from another angle.

No. What you did was insult me, belittled the good advice that was being given and failed to contribute in any way whatsoever.

If the schools are full where she wants to go, the Council can offer any school that has vacancies.

They have not "made a mistake" over street names.

It is up to the OP's friend to find ways of getting the child into the schools that she wants ... or accept what she is offered .... or stay where she is.

Insulting the Admissions staff will get her nowhere.

No. What you did was insult me, belittled the good advice that was being given and failed to contribute in any way whatsoever.

If the schools are full where she wants to go, the Council can offer any school that has vacancies.

They have not "made a mistake" over street names.

It is up to the OP's friend to find ways of getting the child into the schools that she wants ... or accept what she is offered .... or stay where she is.

Insulting the Admissions staff will get her nowhere.

Ha, who insulted the admissions staff??

Archived