Makes Me So Mad

ParkyJ

Looking through the puppies for sale depresses me.One person even reduced the price of pups due to him going on holiday and needed shut.Payed for by the poor Mother of the pups.

Two or three litters a year = 2 holidays abroad +spending money..

When I was with my ex years ago, he bred for money. He found a stud who was well known for fathering litters of 8-10, and was from a litter of 9 himself.

The dog had 2 pups, one of whom he had to give as pick of litter to the studs owner, and the other he couldn't sell, and gave it to his sister.

Then we got a male pup (the son of the stud dog he used) and he mated with our dog when we didn't even realise she was in season, and thought he was still too young. We didn't even realise she was pregnant, you couldn't tell at all. She had nine pups, and 8 of them were stillborn. He managed to sell the remaining pup to someone who said they would have him the day he was born, for £100.

It didn't quite work out the way he planned :gag:

When I was with my ex years ago, he bred for money. He found a stud who was well known for fathering litters of 8-10, and was from a litter of 9 himself.

The dog had 2 pups, one of whom he had to give as pick of litter to the studs owner, and the other he couldn't sell, and gave it to his sister.

Then we got a male pup (the son of the stud dog he used) and he mated with our dog when we didn't even realise she was in season, and thought he was still too young. We didn't even realise she was pregnant, you couldn't tell at all. She had nine pups, and 8 of them were stillborn. He managed to sell the remaining pup to someone who said they would have him the day he was born, for £100.

It didn't quite work out the way he planned :gag:

Good ..Well thankfully you think more of your girl than to put her through that..

How about todays example? :rant:

"Im selling a litter of puppies, but the remaining one (from my poor brooder bitch, who's probably never had a puppy free season) from the last batch is now causing me problems, so i'll advertise him too!!!!"

:rant:

:loopy:

sounds like somebody ive heard of who i dislike very much

she has last time i heard 14 different breeds of dogs all bitches

& she has bread from them since they was 12 months old :suspect:

she doesn't have males she gets studs in

& was going to get a basset bitch until i refused to let her have gorge as a stud

she is everything i hate about breeders

she gives good breeders a bad name

not all people who breed dogs are bad uncaring people

some of us do care about our dogs :(

i was on facebook today looking on the pets for sale pages as me and my partner want an addition to add to our other 2 dogs. I enquired about a pup and why they were getting rid.

This is the answer i got -

Hi love she is whippet cross staff she more whippet than staff im having to rehome as i cant seem to toilet train this pup 6 months ive been trying but im getting no where dont want to lie to u cos id be upset if i bought a dog of this age ps 7 months to find out she wasnt house trained she not a chewer she loves other dogs and kids i would prefer her to go to some one that has more paitence than me to train her id also like her to to go to a home with another dog and kids just because she not used to being on her own and im wanting 50 for her as this price is going to ensure a good home

If people only dealt with legitimate rescues and shelters surely the rush to advertise in newspapers and the likes of facebook would diminish wouldn't it or am I being naive?

I do not think the rescues cold cope if everyone just handed the dog over to them, they really should be a last resort not a solution. I also feel the less places the dog is passed onto the better, if they can be rehomed from the owner it must be better for the dog.

I could never give up my dog and I do find it heartbreaking that some people seem to have no responsibility to their pets. I would be distraught if I was in a position that I had to rehome.

If the opinion is right, they are deprived of the opportunity of exchanging error for truth.If wrong, they lose, what is almost as great a benefit, the clearer perception and livelier impression of truth, produced by its collision with error JS Mill

I do not think the rescues cold cope if everyone just handed the dog over to them, they really should be a last resort not a solution. I also feel the less places the dog is passed onto the better, if they can be rehomed from the owner it must be better for the dog.

I could never give up my dog and I do find it heartbreaking that some people seem to have no responsibility to their pets. I would be distraught if I was in a position that I had to rehome.

An intelligent answer but in the same token, if the outlets were not available i.e. if advertising animals for sale in papers, facebook and similar was either illegal or had to meet certain conditions it maybe that the problem would be eleviated considerably.

An intelligent answer but in the same token, if the outlets were not available i.e. if advertising animals for sale in papers, facebook and similar was either illegal or had to meet certain conditions it maybe that the problem would be eleviated considerably.

I have thought about this. However I think the people really don't care and the dog would just be put out to roam and be picked up by someone or the warden. They only put them on the sites in the slim chance they can recoup some money back for the problem they no longer want. It would be interesting to see the % of how many dogs are actually rehomed through the adverts.

It also makes me wonder if rescue /pounds/rehomers are also part of the problem, just like the adverts. Would it make any differance if the law was made dogs cannot be passed on but if no longer wanted or found roaming with no ID must be put to sleep? It happens already though people like to ignore this fact, they cling to the idea that their old dog will live happy ever after when they cannot be bothered with it.

Edited by Evei

If the opinion is right, they are deprived of the opportunity of exchanging error for truth.If wrong, they lose, what is almost as great a benefit, the clearer perception and livelier impression of truth, produced by its collision with error JS Mill