Why not this much celebration on St. Georges day??

Rubbish, under what law are people prohibited to fly the English flag? During the World Cup there are thousands of them.

Excuse me, it happened, last St.Georges day. Fact.

So I will return the question, whats the point in the ENGLISH celebrating an IRISH tradition? This country cant even support its own day, silly individuals.

You are missing the point of tonight. How many people that are out tonight are celebrating the fact that Patrick drove the snakes out of Eire and helped bring Catholicism to the country? None as those gullable enough to believe that rubbish are either children, in a psychiatric ward or at a church. Those out tonite are just getting hammered for fun

Rubbish, under what law are people prohibited to fly the English flag? During the World Cup there are thousands of them.

It is prohibited to fly an English flag with the word ENGLAND written on it; for arcane reasons I never did really understand, that counts as advertising and requires planning permission. There have been instances where people have been obliged to take their flags down, but it's always been for that ridiculous reason.

The ridiculous reason of not being allowed to fly their own flag in their own country, has never actually happened.

100% agreed but there are some thick, mainly students, English people who seem to be celebrating an Irish day. Maybe they were dropped on their heads at birth.

Does it often bother you when you see other people having fun?

So I imagined all the thousands of English flags flying during the world cup?

Ah, I see: "Fact". That's me convinced then.

I can read all the time so show me some evidence.

It happened in the car I was in, on St. Georges day. It was also all over the internet on the day, my friend also got told to take her flag down as it was intimidating someone on their street, I also witnessed that. Cant argue with what actually happened pal.

Us English do not need to celebrate all these feel good days we know we are the best .We do not have to sing daft songs about some ones donky or dance about with criss crosssing legs at a hundred miles an hour to prove it.

Just cast your eyes World wide and see our influence.

Agreed entirely. By the way, St Pat was English.

It happened in the car I was in, on St. Georges day. It was also all over the internet on the day, my friend also got told to take her flag down as it was intimidating someone on their street, I also witnessed that. Cant argue with what actually happened pal.

I don't believe you.

in the daily express no doubt.... where all kinds of "real" things happen....

Explain why on every journey on my way to work I always see a few English flags flying?

You are missing the point of tonight. How many people that are out tonight are celebrating the fact that Patrick drove the snakes out of Eire and helped bring Catholicism to the country? None as those gullable enough to believe that rubbish are either children, in a psychiatric ward or at a church. Those out tonite are just getting hammered for fun

You can get hammered any night, even tonight, its the celebrating of the IRISH day by ENGLISH people I have a problem with, eg face painting, fancy dress etc..... Just being out gettig hammered i have no problem with!