Yorkshire Water 8.5% Rise

My bill has gone up by about 8% too. YW said in their letter which accompanied my bill that the average was 8.3 % despite the figures released by ofwat to the BBC earlier in the year suggesting rises limited to 6.1%.

I'm band A council tax so presumably among the lowest ratable value. I'd like to know where the 6.1% figure came from and if anyone has had less than an 8% increase.

By definition it cannot be wrong. The appropriate price for a service is the price people are willing to pay in order to receive it.

i am not actually willing to pay YW for what they provide, we do so under duress as there is no alternative way within our system since the utility companies were privatised. thats why energy bills have soared and given half a chance the water companies would do the same, operating costs would rocket up as they spent more money to justify doing so.

My bill has gone up by about 8% too. YW said in their letter which accompanied my bill that the average was 8.3 % despite the figures released by ofwat to the BBC earlier in the year suggesting rises limited to 6.1%.

I'm band A council tax so presumably among the lowest ratable value. I'd like to know where the 6.1% figure came from and if anyone has had less than an 8% increase.

3% here.

jb

i am not actually willing to pay YW for what they provide, we do so under duress as there is no alternative way within our system since the utility companies were privatised. thats why energy bills have soared and given half a chance the water companies would do the same, operating costs would rocket up as they spent more money to justify doing so.

Do you think prices would have been cheaper if they were all still nationalised?

What alternatives were available in our system before the water companies were privatised?

its a sore point for me because water is a necessity and yet they are allowed to get away with a leaky system and still make profits to pay big wages. should be non profit making for supply of a basic human need like water.

:thumbsup:

Where's the so-called competition? Some things should never be privatised.

Archived