Goths In Sheffield

Originally posted by tombodojoj

or another way, everybody stop wearing clothes.then what will you judge on? skin? thats racist, sex? that sexist, there is a name for people who judge people on WHATEVER REASON.

IGNORANT ****.

I hate it when people compare being judged on clothes to other forms of prejudice. Black people can't change the colour of their skin, men/women can't change their gender (in all technicality), but a grumpy 14 year old can control how much black clothing they choose to wear. Its hardly a fair comparison is it?

Chris.

so why exactly does it matter how much black clothing someone is wearing? does it make any difference to you.. say if someone wearing a black top or a pink one? does it matter if someone is wearing baggy trousers or tight jeans? does it make any difference whether someone is wearing new rocks or bright pink stilettos???

it does not chage who they are. they are still the same person without the clothing!!!

i am friends with many townies, goths, moshers, punks and just people who you generally can not put into a category how hard you try!!!

grow up and looks past peoples clothing and make-up. think about it.. does it really matter in the end? there are many grumpy 14 year old townies im sure!!!

Originally posted by DaBouncer

Now you guys (who dont like the goth look) can't tell me in all honesty this and this isn't a sexy looking Goth chick.

*Insert wolf whistle smiley here 10 times*:thumbsup:

Me like ;)

But I know 2 VERY attractive goth lasses who are LOADS nicer than that.

Originally posted by SatanInHeels

grow up and looks past peoples clothing and make-up. think about it.. does it really matter in the end? there are many grumpy 14 year old townies im sure!!!

I don't hate anyone because of the way they dress, i was just complaining about how people compare the prejudice they receive from clothes to racism and sexism. A man who wears nail varnish does not have an anecestry who lived in slavery, does he? His complaints about being looked down upon fail in comparison, thats what i'm complaining about.

Point me to where i said anything remotely prejudice and you can have a go at me.

Chris.

Originally posted by Chris_Sleeps

I don't hate anyone because of the way they dress, i was just complaining about how people compare the prejudice they receive from clothes to racism and sexism. A man who wears nail varnish does not have an anecestry who lived in slavery, does he? His complaints about being looked down upon fail in comparison, thats what i'm complaining about.

Point me to where i said anything remotely prejudice and you can have a go at me.

Chris.

sorry i wasnt having a go at u specifically.. i just used a couple of things from your post. i agree that it is not related in any way to racism etc. but it is still a big problem.. and something that really annoys me as i am on the recieving end of it quite a lot!!

sorry if i offended you in any way

Originally posted by SatanInHeels

now we are having a debate about this in science!!

there is a group of 4 of us here, one a townie, one a skater, one goth and me.

wow i gots mentioned before i was even joined on this chat! me is the skater i thinks!

stitch xXx

• 2 months later...

Jeeeez this makes me feel so old!!

I'm now 35 and was a Goth from the age of 13. I used to swan around school in black velvet, pointed buckle boots from Rebinas and a long black coat that was part of a Vicars Vestments rescued from our local church during a refit!! I kinda morphed from Goth into hardcore punk by my late teens, complete with mohican.

AHhhhh those were the days!!

Now ......???

Ahhhhhhhhh I'm all boring a mumsy. Sob sob!!!!