Goths In Sheffield

Originally posted by DaBouncer

I kinda like the look of the goth image... i think it looks quite cool.

Not something i'd wear but still looks alright!

Plus the music is wicked!

i aint a goth, well not really.

but yeah the music rocks!! (literally) and as for liking the gothic image... anyone who has seen my boyfriend... nuff said.

Here's a generalised comment- A Goth's only hobby is finding something else that they hate.. for them to whinge about.

They think they have life hard when their local supermarket runs out of their favourite nail varnish.

Basically, they watched too much T.V when they were younger and should have gotten out more.

Their dress/music tastes don't particularly bother me, just the attitudes.. in general. I know some people that dress like Goth's but are good people, not the type to stand outside Town Hall all day dishing looks and passing judgement to passer's-by.

So, how many contradictions are in there?

Originally posted by GazB

Here's a generalised comment- A Goth's only hobby is finding something else that they hate.. for them to whinge about.

They think they have life hard when their local supermarket runs out of their favourite nail varnish.

Basically, they watched too much T.V when they were younger and should have gotten out more.

Their dress/music tastes don't particularly bother me, just the attitudes.. in general. I know some people that dress like Goth's but are good people, not the type to stand outside Town Hall all day dishing looks and passing judgement to passer's-by.

So, how many contradictions are in there?

now we are having a debate about this in science!!

there is a group of 4 of us here, one a townie, one a skater, one goth and me.

how does anyone work out that goths only hobby is finding something to hate, yes some goths can be like this and i do know a few, but then i think you wil find most goths actually do have hobbies like music for example!! playing in bands etc. but tracksuit boys n girls for example... what hobbies do they have!

and saying that goths stand and pass judgement at passers by and stare at them etc. well.. at least there isnt all that many goths who will actually cause trouble by shouting abuse at people who dont dress or think they way they do!!!

im not having a go at u GazB, before i am accused of it, but that really isnt all that fair!

I've been, as an avid reader of dracula (many times over) i was interested to see how wrapped up in the psuedo-sexual bullsh*t of the recent film.

Frankly even though i'm not a goth i found it great and met some really cool people who, despite the stereotype, weren't depressed or pretentious. I would like to go again as i love Whitby, i just liike the cobbled streets. The kippers from there are good too.

Wilf

• 2 weeks later...