Have you received strange PM?

If it's from a Hong Kong based online shopping website who are "seeking the corporation partner now" ... I've forwarded mine to a moderator to see what they can do about it.

I've also reported this thread, not because there's anything wrong with it but because it's the fastest way to get moderators' attention!

do you mean this message -

Dear Scozzie,

I'm the official representative of a Hong Kong-based online shopping website like Dealextreme.com. We are seeking the cooperation partner now. We are planning to give our products freely to some forum-members. If we could honorably cooperate with you, we would be pleased to offer you free products or pay for you. For more details, we would offer you in our next e-mail.

Looking forward to your reply!

Yours sincerely,

Bella

Because I got it. I repeorted it at the time, but it was a month or so ago.

Meh - I just read the whole of it.... they want to send me free stuff. I love free stuff.

Meh - I just read the whole of it.... they want to send me free stuff. I love free stuff.

And you don't think theres a catch?:hihi::hihi::hihi: The best place for free stuff is BOGOF at Morrisons:D

Virtually identical, except of course that it's from a new member. No doubt in another month or so a whole bunch of forum members will get it again from another fake character.. :(

This forum is very good at blocking out all the fakes and spam merchants, but inevitably, some of them still get through.

They're a legit overseas trader. Very cheap though. Sounds to me as if they're trying under-hand marketing methods (they give you free stuff, you make posts on SF about how great they are, etc etc), more than trying to scam people (unless, it's someone posing as dealextreme, but not actually them).

EDIT: Oh sorry, I may have miss-ready; I thought it said they were dealextreme.com (just noticed, 'a company like').

Edited by Waldo

EDIT: Oh sorry, I may have miss-ready; I thought it said they were dealextreme.com (just noticed, 'a company like').
I was about so say - as SE Asia webstores go, dealextreme.com are really very good (and no, I didn't get a sly PM, nor am I getting freebies from them :D) and I have never once heard of them using similar 'underhand' tactics, in all the years I have used them and they've been around.

If you receive any sort of PM like this please use the report facility on the PM to let the moderating team know that someone is using the PM system to try to promote a company.

The admin team have the facility of removing sent PMs from a user, so if we know that someone is trying this trick we can withdraw all of their sent PMs to avoid others receiving the same spam.