Obscene phone call this morning

A similar thing happened to me when I advertised some evening clothes for sale in The Star. I answered the phone and was surprised it was a bloke . He asked if the clothes were still for sale and then went on to ask me to describe what I was wearing and said " I bet you Loki really hot and sexy " I slammed the phone down and looked at myself in the hall mirror and thought 'I wish you could see me mate!! ' as I stood on all my 8 and half months pregnant glory , wearing Mr G's rugby shirt and motorbike long johns !!! If only it had been video phone it would have cured him of his pervy phone habit !!:hihi:

A similar thing happened to me when I advertised some evening clothes for sale in The Star. I answered the phone and was surprised it was a bloke . He asked if the clothes were still for sale and then went on to ask me to describe what I was wearing and said " I bet you Loki really hot and sexy " I slammed the phone down and looked at myself in the hall mirror and thought 'I wish you could see me mate!! ' as I stood on all my 8 and half months pregnant glory , wearing Mr G's rugby shirt and motorbike long johns !!! If only it had been video phone it would have cured him of his pervy phone habit !!:hihi:

I think these kind of blokes just troll the classifieds,bet some of them are right mingers themselves..Horrible !!!

I actually had the dress in the Star and Ad Mag, bet it was the same one :lol:

That's the issue with listing your number on the Internet.

Always list your e-mail address instead.

Never give out any personal details on the Internet. Trouble is the OP was selling an item, so would be difficult not to give it at all.

Same goes for email address. It is best to open another email account solely for this purpose, then it matters little as you can just delete it.

... amazing how much personal information can be found from 'Googling' member's usernames.

Never give out any personal details on the Internet. Trouble is the OP was selling an item, so would be difficult not to give it at all.

Same goes for email address. It is best to open another email account solely for this purpose, then it matters little as you can just delete it.

... amazing how much personal information can be found from 'Googling' member's usernames.

That sounds..disconcertingly implicit lol

Forumosaurus I only use for Sheffield Forum.

Which members have you been Googling eh?

That sounds..disconcertingly implicit lol

Forumosaurus I only use for Sheffield Forum.

Which members have you been Googling eh?

I wasn't referring to your username. :)

One of the things that shocked me when considering whether to volunteer to the Samaritans was the level of obscene phone calls that they get. Because of the rules of how they work, the Samaritans volunteer can only hang up the phone on a caller after a certain protocol has been followed and the despicable people who ring up to make obscene calls know this and exploit it to the full.

Any normal person would consider it inappropriate to tie up a phone line that is meant to be used by those who are in acute distress, but apparently every volunteer has at least one of these calls every shift.

One of the things that shocked me when considering whether to volunteer to the Samaritans was the level of obscene phone calls that they get. Because of the rules of how they work, the Samaritans volunteer can only hang up the phone on a caller after a certain protocol has been followed and the despicable people who ring up to make obscene calls know this and exploit it to the full.

Any normal person would consider it inappropriate to tie up a phone line that is meant to be used by those who are in acute distress, but apparently every volunteer has at least one of these calls every shift.

The Samaritans is the last piece of hope for many people considering suicide. I do not know how anyone could even contemplate making obscene phone calls, let alone to a charity that offers a real person on the other end of the phone, which could advert a needless act of desperation.

Sad world we live in. :mad:

I actually had the dress in the Star and Ad Mag, bet it was the same one :lol:

Well ,mine happened 22 years ago Leah-Lacie and the " bump" is about to graduate Uni in April ! :hihi:But you never know . sad int it that he could still be getting cheap thrills doing the same thing for all these years ?

All goes to show that there are some odd folk out there.

Angel.

I had one of these characters telephone me a few years ago. He asked what kind of underwear that I favoured. I told him that it had to be something large and comfortable as I have to wear pads for double incontinence. He said, " I'm dreadfully sorry, I think I have phoned the wrong number " - I said, " Yes dear , I think you have" and hung up. The pads would have been very useful at that point, as I nearly pee'd myself laughing.

All goes to show that there are some odd folk out there.

Angel.

And in here.