Tenant not paying rent

The courts always seem to side with the tenant whether your evicting them, or if the landlord has a disrepair claim against them.

No, but I certainly hope that Courts side with the victims of criminal actions such as those suggested in post #35.

lets put it this way. i am well aware of the law.

i am willing to take the hit if a tennant feels upset about an eviction, but i will not stand for anyone owing me money.

they will be out. next day. locks changed. the law can then catch up with me and fine me. but the waster or a tennant will be out. and someone decent will be in.

if my tennants may the rent on time and look after the property then everythings peachy. if not they had better have a bloody good reason why not.

well i must just point out, that as a landlord, if you forced your way into the house unannounced, then if the tenant retaliated and fought back, you would not have a legal leg to stand on

lets put it this way. i am well aware of the law.

i am willing to take the hit if a tennant feels upset about an eviction, but i will not stand for anyone owing me money.

they will be out. next day. locks changed. the law can then catch up with me and fine me. but the waster or a tennant will be out. and someone decent will be in.

if my tennants may the rent on time and look after the property then everythings peachy. if not they had better have a bloody good reason why not.

If you're really "well aware of the law" you will know that tenant harassment and illegal eviction are criminal acts, not civil ones. If you fail to comply with a judge's order to allow the tenant to re-occupy and pay them any damages awarded, you are likely to face a prison term.

seems the law is on the side of someone who could owe me money then.

the law can continue to be on their side.

wont stop me kicking them out.

i will take any punishment delivered. as i posted earlier. they will be out.

is it really so hard to understand. i OWN property. its MINE. anyone who owes me money will never live in any of my property.

there's a contract in place. they pay rent. i am lovely. they break their part. i break mine.

conversation on my part her ended. you can all quote the law to your hearts content. i would rather board up a property and let it rot than let anyone who hadnt paid their rent stay there (or return there)

is it really so hard to understand. i OWN property. its MINE. anyone who owes me money will never live in any of my property.

there's a contract in place. they pay rent. i am lovely. they break their part. i break mine.

conversation on my part her ended. you can all quote the law to your hearts content. i would rather board up a property and let it rot than let anyone who hadnt paid their rent stay there (or return there)

You could end up in jail if you break the law.

28 days to get them out and you have to go through the proper channels.

oldskater, just out of interest, how late would you allow a tenant to be with the rent before you marched in and changed the locks?

Completely agree with old skater, if some pne refuses to pay the rent owed and you have given them fair time to pay it they should be out on their arse.

While they are not paying you it's costing you money that you might not be able to afford putting you in debt. Too many tree hugging hippy's running this country that invent silly bloody laws like this!

Completely agree with old skater, if some pne refuses to pay the rent owed and you have given them fair time to pay it they should be out on their arse.

While they are not paying you it's costing you money that you might not be able to afford putting you in debt. Too many tree hugging hippy's running this country that invent silly bloody laws like this!

This law wasn't put in place by tree hugging hippies.

It is a vital law, that protects the masses from the theiving few. Whom dispossessed the people of their lands and seek to steal all their surplus labour.

You could end up in jail if you break the law.

28 days to get them out and you have to go through the proper channels.

if you don't pay your way in life...then it's the pavement.....28 days.....more like 28 minutes if you go down the right channels...

if you don't pay your way in life...then it's the pavement.....28 days.....more like 28 minutes if you go down the right channels...

Start evicting people illegally and karma comes to get you. A £1 petrol bomb burns a house to the ground in minutes.

You go around throwing out women and the weak and then the menfolk will rally together and give you the beating and punishment you deserve.

The landlord should pursue the proper channels and act within the law at all times. He should have already set aside money to cover void periods and periods of non payment. If he hasn't he is a **** poor landlord.

I don't think you have the right attitude to be a landlord, there are contracts on both sides, but there is also the law to take into account.

I suspect you're just big talk though, I doubt that you feel so strongly about your rental income that you'd go to jail for it.