Tenant not paying rent

ChelC

Have already done warning letter and advised them of date they either needed to either arrange payment ( not even full amount would have done a payment plan) or to move out by. This was ignored. When they originally moved in I helped set up housing benefit which paid the majority of the rent. Now I know the dwp can be pains but they kept stopping payment because the tenant didn't send info back on time (3 times in 6 months) and I had to contact dwp and tenant and basically sort it myself.

Which is why I think I need to get the courts involved. Hopefully not have to do this again.

you're their landlord not their social worker, maybe they thought of you as a friend, however as they say once biten but 3 times.....thats the P being taken.

good luck with it

my landlord was great i am a single parent to three kids to which one of them has got leukaemia and when i split up with my ex i had to claim housing benifets and my landlord was great he advised me on what i needed to do and i did ask him if he needed me to move out and he said no i never miss a payment if anything needs repairing he stright there and i wish there more of these kind landlords out three

tennant has no option

rent is due no matter if landlord has done maintenance or not.

i own a few properties, i look after them well, but the first and only time a tennant every threatened me with anything! especially withholding any money due to me would be the last time they slept in one of my houses.

i am aware of the law and they could take me to court later but they would be kicked out that day.

they would be taking me to court as a homeless person!

Thats a bit of a tits comment really as if you entered the property uninvited or without giving notice in writing the tennant may be in fear and in order to defend himself anything could happen and basically you wouldnt have a leg to stand on.

I've rented several propertys and always paid every month except the last month as i never damage anything and just let them keep the bond(1st time a rented i paid last month and never got bond back).

Once i've had to withhold rent and i just got work done myself and sent remaining rent with a reciept for work carried out.

If you are a good landlord then nobody would ever do that but i'd waited 3months for some repairs and just thought sod it.

tennant has no option

rent is due no matter if landlord has done maintenance or not.

i own a few properties, i look after them well, but the first and only time a tennant every threatened me with anything! especially withholding any money due to me would be the last time they slept in one of my houses.

i am aware of the law and they could take me to court later but they would be kicked out that day.

they would be taking me to court as a homeless person!

Just try it with some people and you will be in for a major shock.Most landlords are money grabbing shylocks.End up in jail if you throw someone out illegally.