Car Boot Megathread - 2012 - Please see first post

hi all

I remember the huge car boot there used to be at the Doncaster racecourse.

I tried the keepmoat stadium some yrs ago when it first started and it was a bit rubbish. Now I read on their website that it has around 350 stalls every week.

Is that true? Is it any good? Worth the trek?

Thanks!

Hola

Hi hope you all had a good morning booting .

Just to let you know there is no carboot next sunday at Wellington Street as the council need the car park for the Tram Exhibition. Will be on the following week . Quite a few turned up today but no one had let Janet know that the Race for Life was on ,so alot of roads closed so not alot of buyers which was a shame although my hubby didnt do too bad .

Hi hope you all had a good morning booting .

Just to let you know there is no carboot next sunday at Wellington Street as the council need the car park for the Tram Exhibition. Will be on the following week . Quite a few turned up today but no one had let Janet know that the Race for Life was on ,so alot of roads closed so not alot of buyers which was a shame although my hubby didnt do too bad .

We tried to get there this morning, but every road we tried was closed so we gave up :(

Glad you didn't do too badly because of it.

We tried to get there this morning, but every road we tried was closed so we gave up :(

Glad you didn't do too badly because of it.

I know it was a shame and Thanks .

Definately going to give it another go week after next as i think people are getting to know it alittle now more booters turned up so fingers crossed . I know Janet had put an ad in the Star just disappointing that the council didnt let her know about the race .

Hope you get to the next one

any more carboots on or anything during the week

please anyone thanks

hi all

I remember the huge car boot there used to be at the Doncaster racecourse.

I tried the keepmoat stadium some yrs ago when it first started and it was a bit rubbish. Now I read on their website that it has around 350 stalls every week.

Is that true? Is it any good? Worth the trek?

Thanks!

Hola

Hi,its well worth the trek,was packed out today with hardly a pitch to spare.it went right round the stadium plus loads more in the car park.You would have needed 2/3 hours to get round it all.Would strongly recommend:)

I love having a good old rummage at a car boot but am getting sick of tired of all the antique dealers that are turning up each week to sell their overpriced wares! Why don't they just sod off to an Antique and Collectors fair where they belong and leave us car booter's to get our bargains :help:

If I dare to ask them how much something is like a glass bowl for instance £20.00, they always respond with 'oh but its a collectable'. I'm not interested in the fact that its a collectable I just like the bowl but don't have £20, infact I rarely take that much money with me anyway.

not sure it correct place but herd a bout a clothing swap ££5 entry take old and swapp sounds like fun im going to go its a church in green hill just trying to remember name of it this wednesday

Hi,its well worth the trek,was packed out today with hardly a pitch to spare.it went right round the stadium plus loads more in the car park.You would have needed 2/3 hours to get round it all.Would strongly recommend:)

But not as big as it should be. Stewards agreed today that this time last year it would have filled the field next to the stadium too. Was very busy today, even the traffic wardens turned up! :blush:

Dinnington was also very busy too!

But not as big as it should be. Stewards agreed today that this time last year it would have filled the field next to the stadium too. Was very busy today, even the traffic wardens turned up! :blush:

Dinnington was also very busy too!

I might give Dinnington a try :)

the next car boot at Tesco is 22nd july same as Hillsborough

Wellington street car boot was good last Sunday - despite road closures.

I am sure it will become a very popular venue - ideal location, no wet grass(all hard standing), and loads of free carparking