Poorly Jack russel need Lectade

Bikertec

She has been sick and will not eat seen the vet and given injections to stop vomiting but reading up I would like to get some Lectade Small Animal Rehydration Powder to stop her dehydrating. But cannot find anyone in sheffield who sell it. If not could anyone recommend a substitute. She is drinking now but will not eat anything.

Thank you for your replys It was mainly to replenish the lost minerals etc. I got some from the rspca in sheffield. The problem was getting her to eat and drink, in the end I made some bread and water with it and put it in her mouth until she swallowed it. She seem a lot better to day and is drinking and eating a little again. She was a bit off again during the night and gave her a bit more bread and lectade. This morning she came down and drank some water and had a little sliced beef. She is very highly strung and just come into her first season which we think is knocking her off her food and drink. She is looking a lot happier today and went for a tiny walk. I might even get some sleep tonight instead of watching her every minute and constantly worrying.

Thanks again.

A pint of water with 1 table spoon of sugar and 1 tea spoon of salt dissolved can be used to help with re-hydration.

If she seems dehydrated though, it would be worth getting her back to the vets, or at the very least speaking to them.

It was more to get the minerals back into her and try to get her appetite back, from what I read this product was available over the counter. Also people have had some really good results with it. Like I said with her being in her first period she thinks she is being punished for something and have similar to our panic attacks, she does the same thing when traveling longs distances.

But thankyou.

It was more to get the minerals back into her and try to get her appetite back, from what I read this product was available over the counter. Also people have had some really good results with it. Like I said with her being in her first period she thinks she is being punished for something and have similar to our panic attacks, she does the same thing when traveling longs distances.

But thankyou.

Aww poor little Girl, sometimes I find the seasons do really upset them, perhaps she would be a lot happier spayed then she won't have any more :)

Aww poor little Girl, sometimes I find the seasons do really upset them, perhaps she would be a lot happier spayed then she won't have any more :)
Definatly looking into having her done asap for her benefit and our sanity. Don't think me or my partner could go through this again.:(

Archived