Snow thread 2012

I'm soooooo angry that none of the roads, even main ones have been gritted!!! How much notice did the council need?? It's been a very tentative journey home...... i'm very cross :-(

I'm soooooo angry that none of the roads, even main ones have been gritted!!! How much notice did the council need?? It's been a very tentative journey home...... i'm very cross :-(

They gritted ours as the snow was starting, it's not stopped it settling though.

Strange …….. I am sure I was following a gritter earlier.

It looked to me like quite a few of the main roads and side roads had been gritted today, at least at lunchtime. I even saw a gritter going up Herries Road with a cloud of grit flying out of the back of it. It doesn't seem to have had much effect though.

It's only forecast to snow overnight. None forecast for tomorrow and everything will be up and running again. I hope.

Travel South Yorkshire website seems to be back up and running x