Northern general Mau2 ward

I recently had to spend 3 days being assessed in this ward

before being diagnosed and discharged.

I would like to thank everyone from the tea ladies/cleaners ,to the

consultants,and most of all the nurses ,for their unending patience,skill .

and kindness shown to everyone admitted to this extremely busy ward.

Also,I have to say that how they manage to keep smiling ,even when

attending to our bottle in a bag brigade,who are adept at getting admitted

is truly amazing,

Thanks To All Once Again.

Just to say the ward is Medical Assessment Unit 2

having been on this ward myself 3 times in one month i can only agree they work very hard in difficult circumstances and as i had to be monitored constantly all night they were not only proffesional but friendly and more than helpful :)

I am sure the ward would appreciate it if you put a thank you letter together and sent it into Andrew Cash, Chief Exec at the Sheffield Teaching Hospital Foundation Trust, Northern General. The hospitals only acknowledge complliments that go direct to Andrew.

I once (not so long ago) wrote to Andrew Cash asking him why my Mother had gone into the NGH with one broken hip and came out with two broken hips. He was very apologetic but blameless! (he said)

My wife has just spent a week in that ward and I would agree with all that has been said.Well done MAU2

5 years ago I spent 2 weeks in the Cardio/thoracic unit [Chesterman Wards]

I was unfortunate enough to have a 9 cm cancerous tumour in my right lung. A tumour that size usually means "that's 'yer lot mate". The surgeons and staff performed bloody miracles. Lung removal carried out in an 8 hour op then 5 star treatment in the ICU for a few days then the rest of my time having therapy, scans, xrays and the finest morale boosting experience of my life. Things looked black, the future was cancelled, but they never gave up on me.

NGH to me is my lifesaver, I can never repay them for what they did.

All that started 5 years ago this week, so I have reached the '5 year milestone'. Macmillan are very active on those wards, as cancer is one of the main diseases they deal with. They get a special thanks. :clap::clap::clap:

MAU 2 is a male ward MAU 1 is female :)

MAU2 does have female patients on there when MAU1 is full.

---------- Post added 13-04-2013 at 22:51 ----------

5 years ago I spent 2 weeks in the Cardio/thoracic unit [Chesterman Wards]

I was unfortunate enough to have a 9 cm cancerous tumour in my right lung. A tumour that size usually means "that's 'yer lot mate". The surgeons and staff performed bloody miracles. Lung removal carried out in an 8 hour op then 5 star treatment in the ICU for a few days then the rest of my time having therapy, scans, xrays and the finest morale boosting experience of my life. Things looked black, the future was cancelled, but they never gave up on me.

NGH to me is my lifesaver, I can never repay them for what they did.

All that started 5 years ago this week, so I have reached the '5 year milestone'. Macmillan are very active on those wards, as cancer is one of the main diseases they deal with. They get a special thanks. :clap::clap::clap:

We definetely need a 'like' button on this forum :):)

Digging this thread up from April.

I work on MAU2 and Its nice to hear gratitude instead of complaints.

Digging this thread up from April.

I work on MAU2 and Its nice to hear gratitude instead of complaints.

You should all be very, very proud of yourselves on MAU1 and MAU2. I can't thank you enough for the kindness and attentiveness shown to my mum when she had a couple of stays with you this year. We are very lucky in Sheffield.