"no kissing" CPR advert what do you think?

Competent Person

Appointed Person

They are very important roles in an oraganisation.

The AP is the man who takes the flak for all that flies.

£500 a year more is not worth it,;)

In that case this is untrue:

I think I know more about the system than you guys.

And i refer you to this:

A subject as serious as this and you come on giving outdated, unqualified "rules"

I ask you again have you ever performed cpr on a human?

CPR rules

Tilt head back, clear airway if required.

Two strong breaths, watch chest rising.

15 hard compressions, on the centre of the chest, at one second intervals.

Continue until told by a qualified doctor, or revival.

This advice is more than six years out of date and differs greatly from the current guidelines.

Competent Person

Appointed Person

They are very important roles in an oraganisation.

The AP is the man who takes the flak for all that flies.

£500 a year more is not worth it,;)

Being a Competent and/or Appointed Person is relevant to Health and Safety and has absolutely nothing to do with being competent at First Aid.

And where was that?

Fantasyland?

It was two breaths and 15 compressions, over the junction of the ribcage.

This nonsense from a london gangster seems inane to me.

If they wanted advice about how to kneecap someone he would be be better.

How can a thug be better at first aid than a qualified person?

i was trained by a cardiac nurse, who informed me nurses were still taught nellie the elephant to get them into the correct rhytm and was also taught 30 compressions not 15.

i was trained by a cardiac nurse, who informed me nurses were still taught nellie the elephant to get them into the correct rhytm and was also taught 30 compressions not 15.

well a cardiac nurse should know.

well a cardiac nurse should know.

they should but

I have a refresher first aid course to do this Saturday, I'll be happy to report back what technique is taught.

I was a bit bored recently when work was dire. So I did a Lifeguard course at SIV. I don't think the new system is as good as full CPR. It can't be...We were taught the old method. There's instances when "kissing" is the only method you can use. Say if someone is trapped in a small place with just the head showing. Or somebody who needs immediate care when still in water. The method is not hard so I don't know why its not taught as well. Its easy...

I was a bit bored recently when work was dire. So I did a Lifeguard course at SIV. I don't think the new system is as good as full CPR. It can't be...We were taught the old method. There's instances when "kissing" is the only method you can use. Say if someone is trapped in a small place with just the head showing. Or somebody who needs immediate care when still in water. The method is not hard so I don't know why its not taught as well. Its easy...

If breathing is all you can do when they need CPR, then they're basically dead, as breath without compressions will be no use at all.

If a person is in cardiac arrest, they need to be out of the water/freed from entrapment. "Kissing" in these circumstances will not help the person, and is nothing more than necrophilia.

If a person is in cardiac arrest, they need to be out of the water/freed from entrapment. "Kissing" in these circumstances will not help the person, and is nothing more than necrophilia.

We were taught to provide breathes while getting a casualty to the side, while still in the water. The course must have been a waste of time then...I'll send a letter of complaint that they've wasted my time...:hihi:

I dunno about the trapped person senario, that was off the top of my head.

I haven't read this thread...:suspect: so if you're just talking about heart attacks, apologies...:D

However, both methods only take a short while to learn so I can't see the point of just learning one...

We were taught to provide breathes while getting a casualty to the side, while still in the water. The course must have been a waste of time then...I'll send a letter of complaint that they've wasted my time...:hihi:

I dunno about the trapped person senario, that was off the top of my head.

I haven't read this thread...:suspect: so if you're just talking about heart attacks, apologies...:D

However, both methods only take a short while to learn so I can't see the point of just learning one...

Nobody has mentioned heart attacks:confused:

If somebody is in cardiac arrest you can blow 15l/min of pure oxygen into their lungs but without compressions its going to do diddly