The Broadfield Ale House

They do a nut roast too, which was good. Tho I was unimpressed with the veggie "gravy"

Surely veggy gravy is more accurately called soup?!

Stopped in for lunch today the food was pretty good and decent value too.

An unusual customer base mostly 28-38, fashion conscious parents and a bit too school for cool type vibe, that and a mix of men who look like they were upset someone stole their pub!

Good Sunday lunch though and will probably be back, pity they don't have decent parking.

As one of those who was unhappy about kiddy encroachment I have to hold my hands up and say maybe it was a hasty overreaction. Been in several times since and not experienced those problems again. Was in Friday night when it was rammed but still got served relatively quickly and have just returned from our usual Sunday teatime visit. It's developing into my favourite drinking place. Sorry for my negative comments previously, think you guys deserve a massive pat on the back for what you've done to the place

Stopped in for lunch today the food was pretty good and decent value too.

An unusual customer base mostly 28-38, fashion conscious parents and a bit too school for cool type vibe, that and a mix of men who look like they were upset someone stole their pub!

Good Sunday lunch though and will probably be back, pity they don't have decent parking.

There is a free public car park just next to Heeley baths (next to the mini tesco) which is only 2 mins walk away

Edited by Evei

There is a free public car park just next to Heeley baths (next to the mini tesco) which is only 2 mins walk away

Ah yes, I thought it might be pay, so parked by the bike shop. I'll go to the baths next time.

This is my little review on The Broadfield that I put on their Facebook page.

My Partner and me had a lovely meal with you yesterday. The beef and blue cheese sausage with mash and spring veg was no less than divine. Thanks to our waitress who was friendly and attentive. My favorite line of hers was "sorry they have been a bit over zealous with the gravy" This is not possible as even if I had required arm bands to stay afloat i would of happily bobbed around in it. My partner had the sausage sandwich with chips with a boat of gravy (never understood why they call them boats when the liquid goes on the inside, anyway I digress).

The beers/lagers were also very nice I sampled the Lowenbrau and the Acorn Vangaurd. The Lowenbrau was spot on with my dinner nice fresh n crisp, so nice in fact I had to have another.

My partner had a non-liquid dessert of the lemon and lime parfait with homemade biscuits. I think she liked it, she wasn't so much describing it as mmming and aaaahing. I had a little try as not into sweets so much but I have to say it was lovely really zingy and refreshing. I tried to order Katie a liquor coffee after her dessert to be told bar a bar man that they don't do them as they are a pub and it is too time consuming. Its a pity as they have a great barista machine and lots of liquors. Also I can't see them taking any longer than the good list of cocktails they do. So instead of a Tia Maria cream floater we ended up with a mug of black coffee a shot of Kahlua and a small jug of milk not cream. I was slightly disappointed but as my partner didn't seem to mind too much it was fine.

After our meal we went and sat in one of the train style carriage booths with a friend where I started on my dessert, the Vangaurd. This is one of the best beers I have had in a while and I have tried a few in El Broado since its revamp, from the light Farmers Blonde to the liquid licorice that is Acorns Gorlovka. It was hoppy and for me served at the perfect temperature. To summarise mmmmmmmmmm.

My only other less than pleased point was halfway through my pint I was asked to settle the bill even though we were still drinking and I had started a tab as not to keep using my card at the bar. So I paid the bill and by the time the last digit of my pin had gone into the PDQ (which I only recently discovered means Pretty Darn Quick apparently???) I had forgotten of my displeasure and went on to enjoying my afternoon. We were shortly joined by a couple more friends and their little bundle of joy Nelson (Beautiful staffordshire bull terrier not baby). I love pubs who welcome well behaved dogs. Anyone that has read all this and are thinking of heading down The Broadfield I strongly advise you do. Good pubs are a dying breed and need the support of the local community. I feel strongly about this, this is probably the most I have written since leaving school in 98.

Thanks again for a great afternoon.

I hope this spurs people on to go in if they haven't as it really is a great pub.

Is it run by the same people as the Lescar? If so I won't be going as almost every time I go there I find the service to be shocking :rant:

It is run by Forum Cafe Bars. The have The York, The Forum, The Common Room and The Old House.

Isn`t the Lescar a Marston`s pub now?

It is run by Forum Cafe Bars. The have The York, The Forum, The Common Room and The Old House.

Really? I love The Old House so I'll definitely give it a go. Thanks :)

Is it run by the same people as the Lescar? If so I won't be going as almost every time I go there I find the service to be shocking :rant:

The Lescar is a Mitchell & Butler run pub I believe. The service has also improved a little bit from the time just after it's latest refurb when it was an absolute joke how long you had to wait for a drink at times. That's probably as much down to less people going in there and heading to the broadfield instead nowadays as anything else though...