Awful Post office "Service"

They Leave a card saying they can't deliver the parcel, when In fact they never tried to deliver it, so I have to go and fetch it from that Awful understaffed and ineffiecient Hell Hole called the Sorting office, which means i lose an hour out of my day, when I can't earn money, wasting time waiting in the cold, when the sender of the parcel has paid for it to be delivered to ME at My House.

Am i the only one whio finds this objectionable or what ??? No it has happened to others too.

Happened to me but apparently it's too confusing for some people to grasp... :)

None of it is related to awful Post Office service, (oh..my..god...)

It's Royal Mail.

I cannot emphasise enough how bored I am of this thread.

I think you'll find that in post #51 I was replying to the first paragraph you had quoted of the op's original thread, indeed you will see I even did a fun little 'My Bold' bit at the beginning to emphasise the point I was referring to,

If you can't figure out how to post in a concise manner, and end up merging quotations from other users in with your own text, then I don't really class that as me not concentrating.

Adding your own bit of drivvle into an already ongoing debate doesn't then mean that all future replies are related to your bit of drivvle.

Don't quote them then...otherwise people will think you're actually replying to them..

:help: If the card that you got had on it that payment was due on an article that had been underpaid the post man would not have had the parcel with him you have to go to sorting office to make payment Post men are not allowed to take payment at the door :help: you could go to post office with card and make payment and they would re-deliver Post men are not whipping boys and most do a marvelous job :rant:

:help: If the card that you got had on it that payment was due on an article that had been underpaid the post man would not have had the parcel with him you have to go to sorting office to make payment Post men are not allowed to take payment at the door :help: you could go to post office with card and make payment and they would re-deliver Post men are not whipping boys and most do a marvelous job :rant:

can you read ?

There is no postage to pay on this article. It is paid for . . .

Just to clear this one up..the card left for me was a "We tried to deliver but you weren't in" sort of card..no payment due on the article at all...he just didn't have the item with him...

Wow the OP had to stand outside for 30 mins and now hopes thousands of families go homeless this Xmas all because the Royal Mail bosses won't pay out for extra staff during busy times, although if you get your wish then no-one would get any post or parcels or be able to pick them up, inconveniencing everyone else, and I thought I was a miserable guy at Xmas

It's most likely that there was a knock on the door or a bell ring from the deliverer, but the OP either has a bell that doesn't work or was doing something noisy so they didn't hear it.

If it's any comfort, the RM Sorting Office in Ecclesall Road (at bottom of Greystones Road) is equally difficult to use.

I'd love to queue for 1/2 an hour, unfortunatly i'm delivering mail outside for 5-6 hours, in this weather!

Well said :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Ignore him youre doing a good job ; Hes just a whinger

AAAGH ! A card on the doormat from the postman, even though I was in all day, they NEVER knocked on the door, just posted a card, saying I have to collect My parcel from Woodseats Post office Depot.

When I arrived at this place today, I was utterly gobsmacked, the queue in the middle of the morning was just like something from Communist era Russia, Queueing for bread in the freezing cold. All the poor people lined up some with little children and babies, in a long long line.

What has it come to ? the Post office has no notion of customer service, why don't they make deliveries in the evening when people are likely to be at home ? It is utterly awful and most depressing having to wait for half an hour in the freezing cold to collect your stuff.

Why cant they take it to the local post office ? where it can be collected easily why do we have to be subject to this awful degrading and vile treatment waiting in a huge queue ?

I wish and hope they sack the lot of them, privatise it and bring something approaching a decent service that we deserve.

Post Office - You are a disgrace to the country.

Has this person any idea how long a postie has to walk ,how much they have to carry or how long its takes.

Even how cold or how wet a postie gets .

omg the poor person had to wait 1/2 hour to get there post .my post office shuts for a hour a dinner time would they like the postie to wait that long so he/she could collect their item.

wait a min they also close at 5.30pm maybe they want the post office to stay open longer :loopy:

My brother is a postman (not in Sheffield) he is currently starting work at 4:30am, and getting back home around 4pm. Not only does he have to deliver all the extra cards etc, theres also the loads of small parcels ordered online.

Why should postmen start working nights too, just to suit you?

And why should they be sacked for doing what theyre told to do?

Because they are a service industry, that should be offering great service to their paying customers, they know its going to busy close to Christmas so should open extra pick up points, employ more staff etc.

Has this person any idea how long a postie has to walk ,how much they have to carry or how long its takes.

Even how cold or how wet a postie gets .

omg the poor person had to wait 1/2 hour to get there post .my post office shuts for a hour a dinner time would they like the postie to wait that long so he/she could collect their item.

wait a min they also close at 5.30pm maybe they want the post office to stay open longer :loopy:

If im not mistaken its not the posties but the whole system Streetfarce is commenting on. the whole parcel collection department has failed to adapt to the growth on internet shopping and is a real farce.