Awful Post office "Service"

AAAGH ! A card on the doormat from the postman, even though I was in all day, they NEVER knocked on the door, just posted a card, saying I have to collect My parcel from Woodseats Post office Depot.

When I arrived at this place today, I was utterly gobsmacked, the queue in the middle of the morning was just like something from Communist era Russia, Queueing for bread in the freezing cold. All the poor people lined up some with little children and babies, in a long long line.

What has it come to ? the Post office has no notion of customer service, why don't they make deliveries in the evening when people are likely to be at home ? It is utterly awful and most depressing having to wait for half an hour in the freezing cold to collect your stuff.

Why cant they take it to the local post office ? where it can be collected easily why do we have to be subject to this awful degrading and vile treatment waiting in a huge queue ?

I wish and hope they sack the lot of them, privatise it and bring something approaching a decent service that we deserve.

Post Office - You are a disgrace to the country.

My brother is a postman (not in Sheffield) he is currently starting work at 4:30am, and getting back home around 4pm. Not only does he have to deliver all the extra cards etc, theres also the loads of small parcels ordered online.

Why should postmen start working nights too, just to suit you?

And why should they be sacked for doing what theyre told to do?

AAAGH ! A card on the doormat from the postman, even though I was in all day, they NEVER knocked on the door, just posted a card, saying I have to collect My parcel from Woodseats Post office Depot.

When I arrived at this place today, I was utterly gobsmacked, the queue in the middle of the morning was just like something from Communist era Russia, Queueing for bread in the freezing cold. All the poor people lined up some with little children and babies, in a long long line.

What has it come to ? the Post office has no notion of customer service, why don't they make deliveries in the evening when people are likely to be at home ? It is utterly awful and most depressing having to wait for half an hour in the freezing cold to collect your stuff.

Why cant they take it to the local post office ? where it can be collected easily why do we have to be subject to this awful degrading and vile treatment waiting in a huge queue ?

I wish and hope they sack the lot of them, privatise it and bring something approaching a decent service that we deserve.

You Can!! Here you go :)

Agree that it's a rough time of year for postie Nikki but there have been occasions when a card replaces a knock on the door which is annoying!

Yeah theres no excuse for that, it just bugs me when people tar all posties with the same brush :(

You can arrange to pick it up from your local P.O. it says that on the card and as for delivering in the evening would you work in the evenings? I wouldnt but I do belive you about no-one knocking on your door, its the easy option just to shove a card through your letter box.

You can arrange to pick it up from your local P.O. it says that on the card and as for delivering in the evening would you work in the evenings? I wouldnt but I do belive you about no-one knocking on your door, its the easy option just to shove a card through your letter box.

You could if only they had written the reference number on the card.

I don't blame the postmen themselves, although the number of important pieces of post that they have delivered to my neighbour's houses it a bit annoying.

No I blame the unions, selling an unattainable dream to the workers, whilst stuffing their pockets with cash.

There will always be jobs for the postmen, but the way the system is run is rubbish.

Archived