150,000 in fines on Halifax road by speed camera

I'm doing the £85 speed awareness course, my wig almost fell off when I saw the cost :o

Why are these cameras not also located near schools? if its about safety, then surely having a speed camera near every school would make sense

Everyone, be carefull when going past that camera on the A61, its nicked many that I know, some for doing 35mph as I did, however one speed demon was doing 38mph so I hear

Edited by Shef_Fitness

Unlike the bank balance of the treasury. :)

These Scameras are purely a renenue raiser, which is the reason why they were invented in the first place. They have NEVER been about road safety.

If road safety was the sole purpose of these cameras ,then points on your licence would have been the ONLY penalty ,as points soon add up ,and are the best deterent for not doing it again, but by having a financial penalty as well ,it proved that these cameras are there purely to make money .

Once you add a financial penalty to anything ,it is clear revenue raising is the sole objective of the excersise.

I've seen some unjustified "logic" on SF, but that takes the biscuit.

Have you actually re-read what you have said? Can you not see the complete lack of logic in your argument?

I've seen some unjustified "logic" on SF, but that takes the biscuit.

Have you actually re-read what you have said? Can you not see the complete lack of logic in your argument?

What he said actually is very true.

Points only and no fine would not only deter speeding motorists but would also deter greedy police.

It would prove once and for all that the cameras are not money spinners, then people would readily accept them.

The courses could still be offered...BUT NO TO FINES!

I'm doing the £85 speed awareness course, my wig almost fell off when I saw the cost :o

Why are these cameras not also located near schools? if its about safety, then surely having a speed camera near every school would make sense

Everyone, be carefull when going past that camera on the A61, its nicked many that I know, some for doing 35mph as I did, however one speed demon was doing 38mph so I hear

They asked me for £97....it is a lovely little earner for them. I refused it. My insurance did not go up with the extra free points.

Lots of insurance companies ignore speeding fines as they know that it is just police profiteering.

What he said actually is very true.

Points only and no fine would not only deter speeding motorists but would also deter greedy police.

It would prove once and for all that the cameras are not money spinners, then people would readily accept them.

The courses could still be offered...BUT NO TO FINES!

Has it occured to you that maybe the financial element of the penalty goes towards offsetting the costs involved in processing the speeding ticket?

I am so glad that this Camera exists... I love the fact that £150000 extra revenue has been generated by it. All of the money coming via a voluntary Idiot Tax. I applaud all the idiots that have had to pay a fine because of this camera as it helps keep my tax contributions down.

Please take this as a thank you. I love the fact that others volunteer to pay more tax so that I don't have to.

Has it occured to you that maybe the financial element of the penalty goes towards offsetting the costs involved in processing the speeding ticket?

That is irrelevant. The main argument of people against speeding fines is that the cameras are merely a money grabbing scam.

Take away the fine element and prove the public wrong!

The points are the real deterrent!

That is irrelevant. The main argument of people against speeding fines is that the cameras are merely a money grabbing scam.

Take away the fine element and prove the public wrong!

The points are the real deterrent!

Take away the financial element and the cameras become a burden on the tax payer.

They are self sufficient and turn a profit in some instances. Isn't this what all the public sector bashers want to happen? The public sector to run more like the 'real world'. When it does this people whinge.

If someone is arrested for murder they are not fined , to help process their prosecution.

Why should speeding motorists be treat worse than murderers?:huh:

If someone is arrested for murder they are not fined , to help process their prosecution.

Why should speeding motorists be treat worse than murderers?:huh:

hahaha

Please tell me you are not being serious with this post??

hahaha

Please tell me you are not being serious with this post??

What I have said is true.:|

What I have said is true.:|

oh dear....