2 Beautiful stray cats *now rehomed*

fazz2311

Over the past couple of weeks I've noticed a small cat hanging around my house sometimes accompanied by a dark kitten, both friendly the older one very very friendly. so I began to leave some cat food outside for them, as it's becoming extremely cold. I saw them gobble it down a few times.

I've not seen them for about 5 days, but carried on leaving the food as it was always gone by morning. Then today about 3.30pm it was across the road, as soon as it saw me it ran across only using three legs - the other leg was being held up. It ate some more food I put out to keep it there while I rang the RSPCA, who asked some questions then said if I could get it to a vet they would pay for treatment.

I rang the vets I use for my own cats, Dore & totley, and the lady on the phone couldn't be more helpful. The cat was being looked at checked over by 4.30pm. Thankfully the leg is not broken but they suspect it's bite wound, they treated it with antibiotics and pain killers, paid for by RSPCA. I've got to take it back on Monday for another dose of antibiotics.

At first glance the nurse and vet both thought she was pregnant but they can't feel any lumps so they said to wait and see. I've said I will keep the cat while we find the owner (if any) or try to find a home for her.

This is where I ask for help...

Does anyone know how I could go about getting the cat neutered? It's not really something I can afford at the moment. She's been wormed and de flead. The lady at the vets said it's RSPCA policy to let the cat out from where it was found, but surely this will only add the cat problem ( future pregnancy etc)

Then to top it all off I went out to the bin just now and the small kitten was outside, so I fed that too!!! Hubby's rolling his eyes at me...

I don't want these two cats wandering the street ready to get pregnant... Help

Was either of them black and white?

No they aren't. The larger one I've got here is ginger, black and White. The smaller kitten one is black with ginger lightly spread throughout.

The vet thinks the smaller one could be from a previous litter by the elder, who we think is about 1 year old.

She stayed here last night and is walking a lot better now. Unfortunately my own 2 cats didn't take to her, one won't come in the house.

We have nowhere separate to keep her and she got out of the cat flap earlier.

Hopefully someone can take her in permanently, I have no idea on what to do if she is pregnant.

Shouldn't this be a thank you to the RSPCA - who so far have paid for the treatment?

Maybe they will also help with the neutering if you ask them - they do what they can to help cats like this. D&T are good - and they do an excellent price for neutering of these cats - so hopefully you will be able to get a voucher and get her spayed at D&T.

Ask if they can help

Then get a photo of her and a write up - and get her featured on the http://www.ineedahome.co.uk website, and promote her looking for a home everywhere that you can. In your local post office, - pictures everywhere - I'm sure you will be able to find her a home before winter.

Thanks for caring for a cat that has nobody.

I sent you a PM but perhaps you didn't receive it. If no kits could be felt by D&T and it's going back on Monday for another check, then hopefully the cat has got away with it being pregnant, and can be spayed on Friday, the operating day. Please get back in touch with the RSPCA who may provide a voucher for the girl, they've already done a good job paying for her treatment. I would get her checked in for spaying at D&T and worry about the voucher afterwards. It's only £37 and forumers are so lovely, we could have a collection! Have you a spare room to put cat and kit in, that's all they will need until we can network for a home for her. How old do you think the kit is? We could start looking for a home for it now. Do you have pictures please?

Rain have had a great rehoming spell recently so there is no need to worry about these two not finding homes, it just takes a little time. However, in the meantime, they need to be warm and safe. Thanks for looking out for them, good for you.

maggieskinner26@yahoo.co.uk

Thank you everyone for all your help and advice.

The 2 cats keep coming back here but won't come in the house with our two, and if I bring them inside 1 of our cats gets all aggressive and the other one moves out..

They are on the waiting list to go to cats protection.

So realistically, with nowhere for me to keep them inside away from my two, I will continue to feed them outside.

They really are lovely and friendly. I'm going to leave a box on the driveway with a blanket in it at night for them.

I've called the mummy one Isabella!

Oh and of course THANKYOU RSPCA for all your help, I think I was just relieved that isabellas leg wasn't broken and got over excited:D

Thank you to the lady, Magsie, for the PM about neutering, hopefully something should be sorted very soon.

It appears she may not be pregnant after all, after worming and a very large vile smelling poo in my kitchen :gag: her stomach doesn't seem so large.

Helen

Edited by fazz2311