Hillsborough..Boring is not the word

Tuesday 13 December 2011 4.30pm-6.00pm

Come along and join in the festive fun!

• 14ft Christmas tree to be lit at 4.45pm

(at the entrance to Hillsborough Park on

Middlewood Road)

• Festive Treasure Hunt

• Santa’s Grotto - at the Malin Pub, with carols from the Malin Bridge Brass Ensemble.

• Tree decorating activity

(Make a decoration in the library

then hang it on the tree)

• Wreath Making with the Park Rangers

For more information please contact Elaine Feeney 0114 203 9568

or visit http://www.experiencehillsborough.co.uk

Go see Hillsborough's new website and see exactly what is there :D

http://www.experiencehillsborough.co.uk/map.htm

You want to know what the website is all about?

See what the local traders say

loving this!!!

would there be any scope for widening it to local artisan businesses...there are a fair few in hillsborough, but we dont all have shops :(

something that id be really interested in doing next year would be an open studio day, maybe with a demo/sales/workshop included...do you know of any other makers who may be interested in an s6 studio tour?

x

loving this!!!

would there be any scope for widening it to local artisan businesses...there are a fair few in hillsborough, but we dont all have shops :(

something that id be really interested in doing next year would be an open studio day, maybe with a demo/sales/workshop included...do you know of any other makers who may be interested in an s6 studio tour?

x

I don't see why not Sophie, you can contact the council officer who is responsible for this via a link on the made and trade facebook page and ask.

I just went to the post office, other than that I occasionally get a coffee at Java and sometimes get things from wilkos and Boots, I don't use any other shops in Hillsborough.

I don't see why not Sophie, you can contact the council officer who is responsible for this via a link on the made and trade facebook page and ask.

brill thank you :thumbsup:

x

i love hillsborough with its array of shops and cafes. The only problem i have is the array of shops are the same for such a small shopping area. Multipal hairdressers and nail and spray tan places, multipal frozen food shops and cafes are over subscribed, i then see there is a new accessory shop opening again these are plentiful.

There must surely be a demand for all these shops or they would soon close.

Hillsborough is far from boring...it is one of Sheffields largest shopping centres. Where else can you go and have sports facilities, library, college park, a range of high street and independent shops offering unique and niche products all within walking distance...there are some fantastic small businesses in Hillsborough and its not a fair comment to say "Boring is not the word".

I love living in Hillsborough, it has a really good variety of shops, both independent and your usual chains. We are really close to Rivelin and the countryside. The park and walled gardens are fantastic. It has excellent public transport links. The local secondary school (Forge Valley) is great. I wouldn't live anywhere else in Sheffield. And the vast majority of people are friendly as well.

yeah Hillsborough aint no notting hill is it, but its ok for general stuff, theres a lovely butchers just next to morrisons, just down from the pound shop which is also great! It was Wilkinson's, again useful, so yeah its not great, but why not just head into town for 'fun' rather than hanging round there?

I've been saying for years that Hillsborough is in dire need of more toilet facilities, especially since the ones in the Co Op got closed due to vandalism. I know there's a loo in the Cafe in the Precinct and in the Pubs but you can't use them without being obliged to buy something.

The poundland is great but i think it would have been miles better if poundland was put in place of the old woolworths (now herrins) premises. It is called herrins isnt it? That is a great size building for a poundland.

That herrins frozen foodsstore is shocking as if farmfoods isnt bad enough for cheap and nasty flavourless food. Herrins is just pyure cheap really realy poor quality tasteless food.

I say get shot of herrins and move poundland in.

I see yet another hairdressers has opened in hillsborough...how many is that now...along with numerous estate agents...banks...what a dire "shopping centre"there is nothing there to look around...god only knows why people go there....its crap

Its Not another hairdressers (amount wise). Funky divas closed down because the manager chose to just keep the one in morrisons open. Some of the girls from that one left to open a new one because they didnt like the manager from funky divas. So its the same amount of hairdressers as before.

Edited by iphonelover