Keep cats off my car!

Our cats a pain for doing that she sits on our 4+4 and some times my missus take her for a drive up the road sat on the bonnet.

Unless its a Mercedes, in which case they most certainly will!

Correct! It's a Merc.

Beleive me when I say that you can see claw marks in the paint so it's not 'soft' paint as some say.

I like to look after the things I have and was merely asking suggestions to keep the damn things off the car and don't condone violence to cats or any other animal.

I think I will just buy one of those super soaker things and hope after a few soakings they get the message :)

Wow Shims.

you REALLY need to reconsider your priorities.

i get in my car and drive places. its a tool for a job.

Erm, no I don't need to reconsider my priorities thanks.

thats fine, you can continue to drive in circles around supermarket carparks looking for an isolated space away from other cars so you dont get dents.

I will go in, do my shopping and be on the way home while your still driving.

you will spend hours looking out your kitchen window waiting for a cat to sit on your car so you can run out and shoo it away.

i will be sat relaxing with my family.

notice any differences?

It's been chased, stalked, growled at (by me :D ) and had things hurled at it.

Of course but cats stalk and kill songbirds too. That appears to be their main interest in being in my garden. All because their selfish owners won't fit them with a collar and bell.

That's an interesting statement and I assume you mean morally, rather than legally. The accumulation of money is more important than a car and has had a greater value placed upon it than life, hence the pet-breeding industry. Life can't be that important if unwanted pets in shelters are destroyed when they can't be re-homed. Money would keep them alive.

Yes, it's made from slaughtered animals, sometimes meat and by-products that wouldn't be considered food-grade for consumption by humans. However in addition to this, animals are also slaughtered specifically to feed these other species that we cherish above others. Our cats need feeding even if we all become vegetarian. Most of us have never eaten kangaroo. couldn't be so sure about our cats.

It's a debate that will go in circles for ever without an answer probably.

Animals in (some) shelters are destroyed through necessity however. Money is not the problem, space is.

Wow Shims.

you REALLY need to reconsider your priorities.

i get in my car and drive places. its a tool for a job.

If this is directed at me, I'll say this: No I do not need to reconsider my priorities because you say so! I have many; beyond being a car enthusiast. If I choose to care about the condition of my cars, that my prerogative; I own them, after all!

If you have little interest in yours beyond driving it where you need to go, then that is your prerogative.

it is, but my prerogative has not suggested that i would commit murder. Your priorities have.

It's all very simple. Sprinkle pepper (lots of it) on your bonnet when you park it for a few days.....it does work! Cats DO remember where it's best not to go!

thats fine, you can continue to drive in circles around supermarket carparks looking for an isolated space away from other cars so you dont get dents.

I will go in, do my shopping and be on the way home while your still driving.

you will spend hours looking out your kitchen window waiting for a cat to sit on your car so you can run out and shoo it away.

i will be sat relaxing with my family.

notice any differences?

Yes. You think you are superior because you spend money on a relatively expensive possession and couldn't really care less about it.

nope, i think i am superior because i value life over posessions.

i value time spent with my family. i value the time i safe by not fussing over the unimportant.

i also value the thousands i have saved by not spending a fortune on a penis extention to park on the drive!

Shims, pop round some time and we can discuss your warped values on life and possessions.

do they extend to kids that kick a ball against your car? would you kill them as well?

It is convictions like this which zealot groups just love. You are a scary person oldskater.:shocked: