Keep cats off my car!

All new cars come with a Cat fitted as standard.

genius:hihi:

Cats do what the hell they want, when they want and where they want, fantastic life.

Aside from shooting it which will be one remedy offered up to you there aint a lot you can do.

That might leave even bigger sctratch marks.:D

Try putting something citrus scented over it, they hate that. Or buy a super soaker and squirt them, it doesn't do them any harm and eventually they will get the message.

Weld sharpened Knitting needles all over the bonnet (minding the paintwork) ... it's bound to work! ;)

I'm afraid my cat does this. If I see her on other people's cars I call her off but cats really do just what they like. Once a none-too-pleased neighbour told me she had found my cat in her bed.

you can get covers for your bonnet if its important enough to you. Faff tho :(

Guess they are after the heat - I watched one of ours climb up my bonnet last week - never seen any of them do it before. Guessing you haven't got a garage as that would be the ultimate solution ... ?

I'm afraid my cat does this. If I see her on other people's cars I call her off but cats really do just what they like. Once a none-too-pleased neighbour told me she had found my cat in her bed.

Better than finding the car in her bed ... ;)

Does anyone know how to deter cats from sitting on cars?!? I live on a cul-de-sac where there seems to be more cats than people. Once cat in particular likes to jump on my car bonnet/roof and snooze. While this might seem quite innocent and cute, the fine scratch marks in my paintwork on a brand new car, isn't so cute.

Every time I wash the car, I wash off the paw prints and there are claw marks underneath. Not deep but noticeable.

Before, if I looked out the kitchen window onto the drive and saw it sitting there I would use the central locking fob which would usually make the cat wander off. It now seems immune.

I wouldn't mind it if the cat didn't scratch the car and I very much doubt that the cats owner would be willing to pay for any paintwork repair!

Other than hiring a security catguard...any suggestions?

Drive faster.

you can get covers for your bonnet if its important enough to you. Faff tho :(

Guess they are after the heat - I watched one of ours climb up my bonnet last week - never seen any of them do it before. Guessing you haven't got a garage as that would be the ultimate solution ... ?

Many years ago, a mate of mine said there was a funny smell in his car and asked me to check it out.

Turned out a cat had crawled (or whatever they do) into the engine compartment, presumably 'cos it was warm, and fallen asleep on or around the cam belt.

Once my unsuspecting friend started the car up, the cat was minced all over the place. When I opened the bonnet there was bits of fried of cat everywhere!

My mate was pretty traumatised but I assured him that it'd be highly doubtful for the cat to do the same again!

Many years ago, a mate of mine said there was a funny smell in his car and asked me to check it out.

Turned out a cat had crawled (or whatever they do) into the engine compartment, presumably 'cos it was warm, and fallen asleep on or around the cam belt.

Once my unsuspecting friend started the car up, the cat was minced all over the place. When I opened the bonnet there was bits of fried of cat everywhere!

My mate was pretty traumatised but I assured him that it'd be highly doubtful for the cat to do the same again!

god that's awful :(

Throw a bit of underlay over your bonnet. Cat's happy, and no scratches.

Eminence I'm shocked, I love my cat and one of my adopted ones got ripped to pieces by a dog a couple of weeks ago, the second one the same dog had killed