Strike Action - Public Service - 30th November

The public are behind you, i think the people can sense that something is not quite right, The "all in this together" rubbish is starting to grate a bit...good luck :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Since when did you speak for the public ? Absolute rubbish, frank gets £100 pound a day, there are plenty of 'the public' would love to earn that, what sort of sympathy will those people give him ? someone else might have to work until they are 65 and not 55, well my heart bleeds for some of these people ! Then you have the likes of sibon who could earn (a mythical) 2 or 3 times more in the private sector but chooses to work in the public sector :huh:

Nurses etc... I understand but civil servants should not be wanting a higher pay. For what we do its justified. A very easy job. Civil servant office workers especially in dwp have it ssooo easy. Employee shared service staff in dwp dont know how easy they have it for the money they get! Home office staff have it very easy in work permits uk too, a certain caseload each day, punch in a few details, match or dot match the criteria, send out a generic letter, done.

Nurses i understand like i said.

I take it you have worked there then? - as you speak with such authority! Not that you are generalising at all!!!!

Guest sibon
Then you have the likes of sibon who could earn (a mythical) 2 or 3 times more in the private sector but chooses to work in the public sector :huh:

Is it really so difficult to believe?

Most of my contemporaries have salaries way in excess of mine. And a lovely line in perks too.

I'm the one that enjoys his job though:)

I am with you, I have worked in the private sector since leaving school in 1980, never claimed benefits, have my own house. Have 2 children whose child care we have paid for, nothing from the state at any pont in my working life. Paid into a pension since I was 18, it's worth almost nothing when I do eventually get to retire.

Will I support the public sector? Not a chance they need to get in the real world.

You should claim child benefit by the way.

I work in local government and have never claimed any benefits at all. I pay and contribute several hundred pounds a month to my funded pension scheme.

My pension may be better than yours, but it's no more than was agreed when I signed my contract. You knew what you were doing when you signed yours I hope.

I'll be out on 30th to show the strength of my feeings about public sector workers now and in the future being mugged by this unelected government.

I personally favour neither party, but people seem to be so quick to blame the "con dem" government and the Tories for the state the country is in...

But how many years of Labour government has there been that has got it so run down to this point in the first place???? The "con dems" aren't responsible for the whole mess. :confused:

Yes that's my point exactly

Is it really so difficult to believe?

Most of my contemporaries have salaries way in excess of mine. And a lovely line in perks too.

I'm the one that enjoys his job though:)

2 or 3 times more or way in excess ?

If you enjoy your job so much you won't mind working a few years longer then to accrue that pension fund :D

Not being funny sibon but sympathy in the private sector and with many of the recently unemployed will not be that great IMHO :thumbsup:

Guest sibon
2 or 3 times more or way in excess ?

If you enjoy your job so much you won't mind working a few years longer then to accrue that pension fund :D

Not being funny sibon but sympathy in the private sector and with many of the recently unemployed will not be that great IMHO :thumbsup:

Maybe 3 times was an exageration. I'm simply not worth £450K *

I'm not looking for sympathy either, just some transparency and fairness. I should know better than to expect that from any Government though.

*This is a joke, before any of you start:D

Paid into a pension since I was 18, it's worth almost nothing when I do eventually get to retire.

Will I support the public sector? Not a chance they need to get in the real world.

I don't really follow your logic. Are you saying that because you have a worse deal than public sector workers that they should come down to your level? How would that help you? If you see someone in the street with a better looking girlfriend, why not punch them in the face? Then everything would be fair, I suppose.

It seems you have a job. Plenty don't, so does that mean you will be jacking yours in so that you can get in the 'real world' that they are in? Because compared to an unemployed person you don't live in the real world, or I'm sure some would see it that way.

In fact I know homeless people who think anyone with a roof over their head and whose head isn't screwed by mental health problems and childhood abuse doesn't know they're born and don't live in the real world. So where does that leave you and I?

Masochismo - the belief that being in bad circumstances is a virtue and that people who are doing better than you are automatically inferior.

So you'll be £100 down that you say you could do without losing but you'll get the chance as to say go screw you to the government. And in all honestly the strike won't make a blind bit of difference, but hey it's only cost you £100 you could do without losing.

eh up speedbird - with respect love, you miss the point - protest isn't a bet at ladbokes, it is worth it even if you don't 'win' - like myself, millions will register their disgust, outrage and dissent towards the dogs who rule us and their money grubbing greedy cousins who caused this pile of crap and now demand massive payments or they'll no longer honour us with their genius.

because of them, a generation of kids will be flushed away into unemployment and if you don't care about that - well fine - but I do and so does every other public sector worker giving up a day's pay next wednesday.

I was told when I signed to pay into a pension when I was 20 years old that at the age of 55 I would be able to retire. I kept my side of the bargain and carried on paying and paying even while I was going to my parents to get bread and other foodstuff to feed my children because I and many others during the late 80s were struggling to pay our bills because of the interest rates. I worked days and my then wife worked nights. I have fulfilled my side of he contract but the government have not fullfilled there's. Do I feel conned to right I do. Maybe I should have followed some of my friends advise who said stuff paying into a pension I want to keep all my money now and go out every weekend and **** it against the wall because I know that hey will give me a state pension anyway.........

The danger with these strikes is that we find out how badly we need certain public sector staff.

If the BInmen go on strike, we are up the creak, if bus drivers go on strike our lives are disrupted and when teachers walk out (on snowy days) it disrupts 100s of parents.

But who is ging to miss a diversity officer or a play expert?

We may find we don't need certain jobs who we pay for from the public purse

I was told when I signed to pay into a pension when I was 20 years old that at the age of 55 I would be able to retire. I kept my side of the bargain and carried on paying and paying even while I was going to my parents to get bread and other foodstuff to feed my children because I and many others during the late 80s were struggling to pay our bills because of the interest rates. I worked days and my then wife worked nights. I have fulfilled my side of he contract but the government have not fullfilled there's. Do I feel conned to right I do. Maybe I should have followed some of my friends advise who said stuff paying into a pension I want to keep all my money now and go out every weekend and **** it against the wall because I know that hey will give me a state pension anyway.........

People in the private sector have had to suffer far worse than yourself.

Stop moaning like a spoilt child, and so what every other person has to do. Cut your cloth accordingly, get your chin up and carry on.

If you don't like the deal thats on offer, then the solution is easy. Reject it.

You can then try your luck in the real world and see how you fare, try getting a pension on your current terms and if you do. I'll have a picture of my bottom as my avatar instead of a rat