Paying for shop bags

Went to Brantano Heeley Bottom yesterday, bought a pair of shoes.The assistant said it was 5p for a bag.I said what 5p for a bag what did she expect me to do carry the shoes in my hand on the bus.I only had an handbag.I was absolutely flabberghasted.I didnt think a shop could charge for bags advertising there name,or thats what i was told when i worked in a shop:rant:

Where have you been for the last 3-4 years? Loads of places are doing this and I think it's great, if people don't pay for them they grab as many as possible and dispose of them willy-nilly, might mean nothing to you but when our grandchildren are our age it will probably mean a lot to them and I can assure you they wont thank you for it.

just out of intrest how much did you pay for the shoe's?

Clarks £40.Never paid for a bag in clarks shop.Or any shop in M/Hall.I will take my own in future.Im not paying for a carrier bag.

Went to Brantano Heeley Bottom yesterday, bought a pair of shoes.The assistant said it was 5p for a bag.I said what 5p for a bag what did she expect me to do carry the shoes in my hand on the bus.I only had an handbag.I was absolutely flabberghasted.I didnt think a shop could charge for bags advertising there name,or thats what i was told when i worked in a shop:rant:

Nobody cares. Been done in shops for years now. And good, more shops should take this approach, can you imagine how much plastic we'd save if people just simply reused their plastic bags or got a bag for life?

I can see the reason for charging for bags from an environmental point of view but I think that it would be better to offer an incentive to use your own bag rather than being charged.

I've noticed some shops that used to charge have now stopped doing so. If you pop to the local shops and one shop charges for bags and the other doesn't and you've left your bags at home - I know which shop I'd choose.

G

Clarks £40.Never paid for a bag in clarks shop.Or any shop in M/Hall.I will take my own in future.Im not paying for a carrier bag.

Has the penny dropped yet ? They do actually want you to use your own bag :hihi: Its called being green, you know to help the environment :)

5p per bag in Wales now. It won't be long before we have the same here.

Keep a reusable carrier bag in your handbag and save the 5p.

That's the whole point of charging for a bag, they would rather you used your carrier bag over and over again.

I wish more shops would do this or at worse start using paper bags that can be more easily recycled than plastic ones.

why are people so tight for?

someone misses the bus and has to wait another 30 mins for the next one, so they go and have a coffee at £2 in costa maybe no problem, thats 400% diffrence to 5p

but when they to pay £5 for a bag its load the laptop up in rage time and get on the forum

Should have just said I will take them in the box.

Keep a reusable carrier bag in your handbag and save the 5p.

^^ This ^^