If you wanted to catch fish this week where would you go??

im just getting into fishing as is my 10 year old lad, the problem is we are not catching a lot lately,we fished tattershall lakes for 2 days last week and caught 1 fish [and we have bigger in our tank in the living room] if you wanted to catch fish this week where would you go?

not bothered about the size of them just something to keep us busy

thanks

There are plenty of venues around Sheffield all full of fish & not fishing bad for the time of year.

I think your problem could be your feeding may not be right & tackle needs fining down a touch.

I will be using light lines from now until springtime, .10 to .06 hook length with a 18 down to 24 hook depending where I fish. It's best to start off feeding very sparsely to start your session.

There are plenty of venues around Sheffield all full of fish & not fishing bad for the time of year.

I think your problem could be your feeding may not be right & tackle needs fining down a touch.

I will be using light lines from now until springtime, .10 to .06 hook length with a 18 down to 24 hook depending where I fish. It's best to start off feeding very sparsely to start your session.

so if you wanted to catch fish where would you suggest and what method ?

forgive me if i sound thick but im a novice at this but really starting to enjoy it

don't feed loads now it's starting to cool down,bigg fish are always harder to find in the winter months,go to heavily stocked places and small baits maggot,pinky,micro pellets and small ammounts of ground bait.try places like aston ponds,bradleys at ridgeway,kiveton waters (silver lake) or a bit further a field messingham sands tons of skimmers plenty of bites and pine lakes thorne full of silver fish and the odd carp

don't feed loads now it's starting to cool down,bigg fish are always harder to find in the winter months,go to heavily stocked places and small baits maggot,pinky,micro pellets and small ammounts of ground bait.try places like aston ponds,bradleys at ridgeway,kiveton waters (silver lake) or a bit further a field messingham sands tons of skimmers plenty of bites and pine lakes thorne full of silver fish and the odd carp

i went to bradleys the other week and that was also a bit dead

i went to bradleys the other week and that was also a bit dead

thats strange it usually fishes well in the cooler months plenty of silvers

thats strange it usually fishes well in the cooler months plenty of silvers

i might try the other pond then as i only did the pole one

If the size of fish isn't important you could try Aston KJS pond snake lake, but if you feed too much to start with you'll kill it.

Choose a peg with the wind at your back if possible, fish 2" over depth if the wind allows with say a .10 hook length to a 20 hook, maggot would be my choice for bait feeding no more than 5-6 mags every every 10 mins.

try the silver fish pond at horseshoe at wales. fish very close in with maggot about 2 ft deep on the drop feeding every drop in and you'll catch all day. nothing big in this pond but a mixed bag of fish is guaranteed.

for a definite catch (although in fishing that doesnt exist) number 5 pond at aston ponds for me, should see you catch, got lots of species at around the half pound mark in there , plus also the chance to catch a fish upto about 4lb possibly.

should get plenty of bites with a single or double maggot.

one little tip sheffgrow, every now and then try fishing to one side but only inches away from reeds or the bank for 10-15 minutes, you will be seriously suprised how cunning fish can be.

thanks for all the recommendations people ill try one of them this week i just have to get a fishing brolley now and im sorted [i havnt needed one before]

Is,nt that what they call puff fishing?? Ive never gone as fine as that and I catch plenty of fish summer or winter.