Cheap pubs springing up everywhere - yess !

After years of getting ripped off paying up to £3 in local boozers for a pint of lager things are looking up - pubs are having makeovers and charging as little as £1.80 a pint.

I love seeing my old mates and going to the Pheasant, Lane Top. Wharncliffe, Firth Park and now the Fox on Fox Hill Rd - all £2 or less for a pint, and usually £2 or under for a spirit and a mixer - is there news of any others in Sheff thats doing similar except the obvious Wetherspoons chain ? If yes I am all ears :)

Alcohol in large quantities will wreck your body.

More you drink, ruins relationships and personal capacity of living a full live.

Dont mind a few drinks but you go and have fun with the cheap stuff.

If You ever feel depressed afterwards come out of it as soon as you can instead of drinking more.

Although you have already mentioned wetherspoons, there prices are great, although they are sometimes not easily accessible, erm, the gypsy queen near crystal peaks is fairly cheap, although you sound like your from the other end of town :)

Alcohol in large quantities will wreck your body.

More you drink, ruins relationships and personal capacity of living a full live.

Dont mind a few drinks but you go and have fun with the cheap stuff.

If You ever feel depressed afterwards come out of it as soon as you can instead of drinking more.

You're a right barrel of laughs you aren't you?....

I was in Loughborough a few weeks ago and was in a pub which, every tuesday, sold pints of beer, lager and Strongbow for a £1 - the promotion was on every Tuesday from 1.00pm till 11.00pm - the only draught beers/lagers not included were Guinness & Stella - not sure what the beer was as I was on the Strongbow

All other drinks, including half pints of the discounted drinks, were normal price so two halves were more expensive than two pints

It was packed and they probably made a load more profit on the crisps, nuts and sandwiches they were selling as a result and the pool table, juke box and bandits