Wood burning stoves

Have been thinking about getting a stove for a while now but wanted to know if anyone knows of any local Sheffield installers. I gather we would need a new flu installed along with the stove itself.

Has anyone had one installed recently? If so, any recommendations?

We got ours from stovesonline, they arrange local fitters who will come out and price up flu/chimney conversion and pricewise it seemed better value than trying to buy the stove/arrange fitting seperately. The bloke who fitted ours is a smashing chap and also does chimney sweeping - not sure if he's the "sheffield man" or if they have different fitters in sheffield, will ask our lass to dig out his number though as I can deffo recomend him.

If you have a conventional brick chimney in good condition, not leaking inside, or from the pointing, flashing, and the correct terminal (termination being from one cowl/pot only) - open chimney pot or solid fuel cowl you will not need a twin wall liner, you can also fit it yourself, using a register plate with two access points for clearing debris/soot, if you fit it yourself you will need to get the council out to check it for you, this i think costs around £50

There is a company at Wentworth antique centre which sells and fits all kinds of wood burning appliances and flues from old fashioned to modern.

Try Hearth & Home on London Rd, they supply and fit.

We got ours from Hearth and Home,a very tricky stove to fit but they made a superb job and did not charge more than the original quote...............and they were clean and tidy!

i'd appreciate it if someone can give an indicative price for supply and install

Thanks

Thanks for the replies. Think I'll have a wander into Hearths and Homes to have a look what they have to offer and see if I can get a quote for install etc.

Have been wanting one for soooo long and just gonna go for it!

Everyone I know who has one swears by them :)

I want one of these installing too, have to get down to Hearth and home at the weekend :hihi:

is wood classed as smoke less.

is wood classed as smoke less.

It depends on the make of the wood burning stove, here is an article and a link I found.

Wood can be burned in a smokeless zone if the appliance (i.e. the stove or boiler) has an Exemption Certificate. Companies which manufacture stoves with Exemption Certificates include Clearview, Vermont Castings, Dovre, Dunsley Yorkshire Stoves, Morso and Jotul. A full list can be found at

http://www.uksmokecontrolareas.co.uk/appliances.php?country=e.

Obtaining an Exemption Certificate is an expensive and lengthy process. There are currently no pellet burning stoves or boilers that are on the exempt appliance list, although many are tested to a high standard in their country of origin.