How fast are paramedics allowed to drive?

I agree with the OP. I also feel aggrieved that the police are allowed to investigate crimes and charge suspects, and that courts are allowed to send people to prison. Also, why are cars allowed to drive on motorways but people can't have picnics on them. And surgeons can cut people open but if you do that in a pub to someone with a knife you go to prison.

I agree with the OP. I also feel aggrieved that the police are allowed to investigate crimes and charge suspects, and that courts are allowed to send people to prison. Also, why are cars allowed to drive on motorways but people can't have picnics on them. And surgeons can cut people open but if you do that in a pub to someone with a knife you go to prison.

Oooooo - your examples are so much better than my lifeguard one.

Excellently post !:)

Hope so........especially as this:

i live in sheffield but i had to be rushed to rotherham hospital on tuesday night, stayed on B1 ward.just wanted to say,fantastic people working there socks off none stop.thankyou all very much.

was a previous post of theirs!

No indication tho' of how fast the "rushed" was ........

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

I'm a paramedic...we drive to within our required speeds, we undertake advanced training in driving techniques, we are allowed togo over the speed limit if on a "shout" but have to give the right of way if crossing a red light ! If we are involved in a RTC enroute we have to stop and inform control who will dispatch another vehicle ! We are not above the law, same as the police or fire service.....if we go through a camera and get flashed we have a form we fill in to let the police know we where on an emergency call !!!

It's up to them if we get prosecuted ?

I personally get ****** off when people start to criticise the emergency services...I have a mate who's a bobby and he really really gets ****** off when people ask him "have you ever hit anybody with it" ? Referring to his batton !!! Mind your own business !!!

how about they stick to the speed limits in all areas and police ambulances and fire engines do the same! doesnt matter if anyone is in danger of losing their lives as long as there isnt a road accident caused by speeding emergency services eh :roll:

[REMOVED]...are you real ? You sound just like your user name "gaga" in the head

Edited by auto98uk

I'm a paramedic...we drive to within our required speeds

Is there a specific speed that's written down anywhere? Or do you just drive as fast as you believe to be safe?

Obviously, if an ambulance driver was going at 150mph down a city street, he'd be guilty of dangerous driving regardless of the emergency (and I seriously doubt that any ambulance driver ever would do so!)

it shouldn't surprise you, i am sure you have had your fair share of the public who you are trying to help, shout and curse at you because you might have to cut into a pair of jeans or something. people have funny priorities sometimes!!:loopy:

[REMOVED]...are you real ? You sound just like your user name "gaga" in the head

I think that lady gaga was being sarcastic - hence the :rolleyes: icon.

Edited by auto98uk

I think that lady gaga was being sarcastic - hence the :rolleyes: icon.

Aye, I too think lady gaga was just sarcastic, it seems obvious the more I read it.

Regards

Angel.

I nearly got run over by an ambulance yesterday, and by the car swerving to avoid it. If I got run over in front of an ambulance on the way to an emergency call, would they have to stop for me, or carry on to their call?

Is it lucky or unlucky to be run over by an ambulance?:confused: