Verbal abuse of cyclists

No, and I assume neither do you. So my comment about most cyclists and most drivers is just as valid as your comment

it seems to me that the majority of riders seem to enjoy antaganising drivers.

I'm a pedestrian, cyclists and driver. Which categories do you fall into?

A lot of ridersdrivers are clowns... Accept that

But most riders and most drivers aren't... Accept that as well.

Quote copy and paste? You mean responding to the points you made? I'm sorry if discussing the issue is difficult for you, but quoting in order to highlight what is being replied to is pretty normal.

You must personally know everyone in the world then?? I can only assume YOU are a cyclist, judging by the high horse you are spouting from. A lot of riders are clowns... accept that, and you can make the change by acknowledging it, instead of your feeble 'quote' copy and paste game, and educate other riders to be safe and considerate. Is that OK???

i would like to say that to motorist as well, even though you have to pass a test to drive a car or whatever, lorry, bus, motorbike, it seems that from then on you think that only you are the one brilliant driver on the road, and other people should make way for you. regardless of, or even if your a pedestrian. i take it you drive a 4x4?? that's usually the case of someone lording over everyone else.

It may be lawful, and you are quite good at pointing out your findings, but it is still dangerous. Some riders need to learn some dicipline on the roads, and before you start to point out different quotes to me, some drivers do too. Its a cat and mouse game, and riders shouldnt hide behind what they assume is the "law" because law or no law, if you ride stupily, you will get hurt. If you do ride a bike, its important that you use common sense and respect drivers of motor vehicles as it seems to me that the majority of riders seem to enjoy antaganising drivers. Do they think there are excempt from the law? :(

You must personally know everyone in the world then??

by the way...were do skateboarders stand in terms of the law...if i went out now on a skateboard should i take to the pavement or road...and what about roller blades also?

not that im bothered or care were they ride...just interested if there is an actual law regarding this?

Also..you know those little disability scooters?should they be on the road or pavement,ive seen people ride both,but on occasions ive seen people on the road on them they dont look like they are safe at all(all over the road).

im not having a go at any1 by the way,just curious as to how the law sees things.

i still honestly believe that there are idiotic motorists aswell as idiotic cyclists aswell as there are pleasant motorists and pleasant cylclists.

does anyone not agree that its not the vehicle thats the issue,its the person behind it?

i would like to say that to motorist as well, even though you have to pass a test to drive a car or whatever, lorry, bus, motorbike, it seems that from then on you think that only you are the one brilliant driver on the road, and other people should make way for you. regardless of, or even if your a pedestrian. i take it you drive a 4x4?? that's usually the case of someone lording over everyone else.

Since when were you offended?? I dont have a 4x4, its a Prius, and I am aware its a very ugly car, but quite green as well. I dont lord over anybody, but judging by your tag-pic, its obvious that YOU are a cyclist too, who dosent take kindly to people airing their views about certain crazy people. If you fall into the catagory of "Idiot", then please feel free to be offended by me calling cyclists clowns. If you consider yourself to be a careful and courteous rider, then these comments shouldnt offend you at all. If a cyclist rides like a ****, then he/she IS a ****. If a driver drives like a ****, then he/she is a **** too. Surely that cant be THAT difficult to understand.:loopy::loopy::loopy::loopy:

Edited by cheeksfull
spelling like a fool!

Since when were you offended?? I dont have a 4x4, its a Prius, and I am aware its a very ugly car, but quite green as well. I dont lord over anybody, but judging by your tag-pic, its obvious that YOU are a cyclist too, who dosent take kindly to people airing their views about certain crazy people. If you fall into the catagory of "Idiot", then please feel free to be offended by me calling cyclists clowns. If you consider yourself to be a careful and courteous rider, then these comments shouldnt offend you at all. If a cyclist rides like a ****, then he/she IS a ****. If a driver drives like a ****, then he/she is a **** too. Surely that cant be THAT difficult to understand.:loopy::loopy::loopy::loopy:

Nothing you say on this subject will be accepted by the cycling posse of sheffield forum. if you go back and read some of their posts, you will see what I mean, and nothing.......NOTHING will change their minds. The best one to date is the "cyclist" who says its ok to jump a red light if nothing is coming. Apparently, that is just using your common sense. :loopy::loopy:

Just goes to show what arrogant and total silly-billys your average cyclist is.

I think its called "tunnel vision", but hey........ lets see what happens when the next member complains about cyclists. Great fun!:hihi::hihi:

That's probably the same cyclist I almost killed yesterday when he thought it was ok to jump a red light, as i was going through on green......

I stopped a couple of foot off him, and probably took around 2K mileage off my front tyres :rant:

He just put his hand up to say sorry, and carried on through the red light !

Nothing you say on this subject will be accepted by the cycling posse of sheffield forum. if you go back and read some of their posts, you will see what I mean, and nothing.......NOTHING will change their minds. The best one to date is the "cyclist" who says its ok to jump a red light if nothing is coming. Apparently, that is just using your common sense. :loopy::loopy:

You mean the one who all the other cyclists criticised. And who actually then said they'd stop doing it. Yeah, how :loopy:was that.

Just goes to show what arrogant and total silly-billys your average cyclist is.

I think its called "tunnel vision", but hey........ lets see what happens when the next member complains about cyclists. Great fun!:hihi::hihi:

Every cyclists on this thread has demonstrated a balanced opinion, they accept that some cyclists are dangerous and they really wish they'd stop it. What they don't accept is when some mindless cretin criticises all cyclists based on the behaviour of a few. If you aren't a mindless cretin then you won't be offended, and if you are then you deserve to be offended.

You mean the one who all the other cyclists criticised. And who actually then said they'd stop doing it. Yeah, how :loopy:was that.

Every cyclists on this thread has demonstrated a balanced opinion, they accept that some cyclists are dangerous and they really wish they'd stop it. What they don't accept is when some mindless cretin criticises all cyclists based on the behaviour of a few. If you aren't a mindless cretin then you won't be offended, and if you are then you deserve to be offended.

Too true. I think its a disgrace that sensible cyclists, who care about whats going on around them, are tarred with this brush.....that is the 10% of cyclists im talking about. The other 90% are still clowns who dont give a monkeys about anybody/thing/person/red light or anything else....just as long as they dont have to take their toes out of their clips. Until the day comes that I see a whole day of cyclists behaving properly on the roads, I will continue to hold this arguement that a great deal of riders are just plainly unaware of the rules of the road, and not you, nor none of the other offended riders will change this. Its been established that drivers are just as crazy, but these crazy drivers are pretty safe in contrast to a person on a flimsy bike. I would expect that you are more vunerable than anyone on the road, and the chances of you recieving substancial injury in a collision are pretty high, so please take this in the context that it is meant. Nobody wants to see a cyclist injured, not even me, but the chances are stacked against bad riders. Please try to see that this is a genuine observation, and not an attack? But I do find the word "Cretin" very funny, and very fitting:hihi: There must be a fruitful outcome to this, and lets hope it comes soon, because my fingers hurt:hihi: