Trouble on London Road

There have been quite a few incidents of trouble between Asian and Somali gangs in and around that area.(London Road - Bottom of Cemetry Rd - Ecclesall / Hanover Way area.

There have been quite a few incidents of trouble between Asian and Somali gangs in and around that area.(London Road - Bottom of Cemetry Rd - Ecclesall / Hanover Way area.

I've heard about this trouble from people but never actually seen any. Not on London Rd or Cemetery Road, anyway. I often walk and drive down London Road and the only trouble I have seen was years ago when the BBC took on the bouncers at Bed (or whatever it was called at the time). I also remember a gang fight at the bottom of London Road being on the news a few years ago because of a stabbing.

a friend of mine got mugged on there last fri night by a gang of about 5 lads in hoodies, he was beaten up quiet bad, police say there has been alot of trouble with gangs on there lately. stay in at night is all i can say. x

a friend of mine got mugged on there last fri night by a gang of about 5 lads in hoodies, he was beaten up quiet bad, police say there has been alot of trouble with gangs on there lately. stay in at night is all i can say. x

What time was this and where abouts?Actually on London Road?

Well, I have heard of an asian man who broke both his ankles jumping from a flat (what i call Washington Rd flats) and managing to crawl to someone elses flat to get away from those after him. Apparently he had slept with another woman or was going with another woman whilst he was with someone else (may have been married) and other asian guys went after him. I wouldn't at all walk through 'Washington Rd' flats at night if you can help it and even the milkman doesn't deliver there anymore for fear of being mugged or assaulted for his cash. I remember as a little kid these flats being built and used to deliver papers on there, but it is a dam shame the flats have become a kind of no go area at night. :(

fri night about midnight, he was nocked uncosious and when he came round he managed to stumble towards the halls of residence near the remark uk shop. The securitry guard there called the police and when they came they thought he was just drunk,

I often walk down London road at night or during the day, There is a bit of trouble amongst the Asians and Somalians as they both seem to think there better than everyone else.

One Incident I remember was a party just off London road next to that sublime sandwich shop, It was a bunch of students having a party and then gangs of Asians decided to surround the house and through bottles bricks and what ever else they could get there hands on, and then they wonder why they have a bad reputation and its 'wrong' & 'racist' if they get searched? what do they expect when they act like this

It sounds to me like much of this trouble is going off around London Rd but no actually 'on' London Rd itself. Not that it matters of course.

I am sad to read this as I always lived just off London Road when I lived in Sheffield and there was never any trouble.

I'm not sure when you lived there eurovision but as long as I can remember it has been known for trouble and I'm 43 :(

It does, often over football and it doesn't have to be a match day. One of the favourite meeting places for BBC and OCS crews.

BBC I've heard of, but OCS??