New Asda now OPEN near Crystal Peaks shopping centre

Popped in on my way home today and completely agree with the criticism of the traffic lights. As I was leaving I approached the lights which were on green, I wanted to turn right but 3 cars had already gone the same way and were stuck at the lights just across the road. I had to sit there on a green light until it turned red again, otherwise I would have blocked both lanes.

Then as my lights turned green a car that had come from the left was parked straight in front of me, waiting to turn right which meant I had to drive around it. That possibly could have been someone going through the lights as they were changing though, but people are always going to do that.

I can't imagine what the traffic is going to be like on a Saturday trying to get in and out of there. There was a noticeable amount of extra traffic around Moss Way etc today and that was at 11am on a Wednesday. It's bad enough trying to get out of Birley Spa Lane as it is.

Why do people expect things to run without a hitch all the flipping time? (polite version).

Moan moan moan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Give it a chance to get going, Im sure the traffic will get sorted out too

why not save the planet and go by bus then get a taxi back?

Popped in on my way home today and completely agree with the criticism of the traffic lights. As I was leaving I approached the lights which were on green, I wanted to turn right but 3 cars had already gone the same way and were stuck at the lights just across the road. I had to sit there on a green light until it turned red again, otherwise I would have blocked both lanes.

Those red lights are for traffic approaching from crystal peaks not when you are turning right,it's exactly the same at Handsworth when turning right from Asda to go up to Handsworth..

why not save the planet and go by bus then get a taxi back?

How does getting a taxi save the planet?

I'm glad people are moaning about it and going elsewhere. It means less people when I want to go shopping.

I have done a few shops in there now and am surprised at how good value it is.

Would have paid a third more at Sainsbury's for the same stuff and nice friendly staff as well.

Tried 7 times to get through to the new Asda by phone and no one answered.Maybe to busy to answer the phone.:suspect:

Tried 7 times to get through to the new Asda by phone and no one answered.Maybe to busy to answer the phone.:suspect:

Either that or their IT system is not ready yet :hihi:

Those red lights are for traffic approaching from crystal peaks not when you are turning right,it's exactly the same at Handsworth when turning right from Asda to go up to Handsworth..

Yep you're right, I didn't really get the chance to look this morning as I was sat at the other lights due to the queue that had stopped (wrongly) across the road. We called in again this evening and I noticed straight away that the red light wasn't for traffic turning right, but I bet a lot of people don't realise that!

I have done a few shops in there now and am surprised at how good value it is.

Would have paid a third more at Sainsbury's for the same stuff and nice friendly staff as well.

It's been open 3 days, how have you "done a few shops"?