Would you drive uninsured if the cheapest quote you could get was £3000 ??

Even if I could drive, I know for a fact no competent insurance company would touch a guy like me with a 10 foot bargepole, disabled, autistic, prone to getting mad easily...

And?

They cant discriminate!!!

According to the media reports recently, the insurance companies and the police pass on details of RTA injuries to injury lawyers, and are paid for doing so.

Nah. You must have got that wrong:confused:

Nah. You must have got that wrong:confused:

Not the police but the insurance companies make a fortune in referral fees, referring those involved in accidents on to claim management companies.

Unfortunately, it's a viscious circle, any insurer which didn't accept these referral fees would immediately be at a competetive disadvantage.

Most motor insurers are still making a loss (and theft is a very small part of settlements, the vast majority of costs in motor insurance come from third party claims - credit hire and personal injury) on their underwriting - from memory, the only ones who are making an underwriting profit are Admiral, Sabre and Chartis - but I could be wrong.

The insurer I work for raised motor rates by about 30% on average (but about 50% for young drivers) in 2010, and are anticipating a similar rise this year.

I just don't get it, cars over the past few years are next to impossible to steal without a key. Young drivers are no better or worse than they were, say 30 years ago, where have these daft figures appeared from?

Personal injury claims as the OP said.

The price of car insurance is simply not reasonable, especially for young men.

When I started to drive, a group 1 car such as a fiat panda would cost about £150, which is about right. £3000 for a group 1 car is stupid, and is criminal.

With regards "if you can't afford to insure it, don't have it" is great if you don't have to commute to work. Unless of course as a country we are going to pay people to not work, simply because they cannot afford to go to work.

I do accept that if public transport is an option, you should try to use it. HOwever, for many people it simply isn't

£600 per referral was the last figure bandied about in the news, they are now offering this much if it turns out to be a legitimate case and they win, the person informing them gets £600 themselves.

£600 per referral was the last figure bandied about in the news, they are now offering this much if it turns out to be a legitimate case and they win, the person informing them gets £600 themselves.

selling OUR data, we should get that knocked off our insurance, that would bring the price down straight away!!!

Have done this in the past when i was young, bought a car for £50 off some bloke in a pub, phoned insurance they wanted £1500.

I just thought F it ill take my chances.

6 months later i got caught and taken to court, they gave me 6 points and £100 fine. To me that is far too lenient to put people off driving without insurance, to me i saved £1400 and got 6 months free driving.

I never did it again and wouldn't do it now that i am a lot older and wiser knowing that i could be sued for mass amounts and jailed.

Did your conviction have a knock on effect on your future (legitimate) insurance costs?

Car insurance is legalised theft and the insurers no they can get a way with it

I completely understand why people, especially young ones don't get insurance, this does not make it right though.All it takes is for an insurance company to make insurance for drivers a fair and reasonable price with incentives for safe driving practice and they would out do their competitors.

Car insurance is legalised theft and the insurers no they can get a way with it

Legalised theft is all the false claims that have gone in that have resulted in the increases, last year car insurance companies made a loss despite the increase in premiums.

No win ………. No fee ……….. don’t make me laugh, we are all paying for it.

Despite the sharp premium increases, insurers are still making losses

The AA has found that despite fewer accidents on UK roads, the number of claims for whiplash injuries is rising with more than 200 claims submitted a day, often for accidents that happened up to three years ago when no mention of injuries was made at the time.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Business/Car-Insurance-Premiums-Soar-By-More-Than-40-In-A-Year-In-Further-Blow-To-Cash-Strapped-Drivers/Article/201104215970983

Legalised theft is all the false claims that have gone in that have resulted in the increases, last year car insurance companies made a loss despite the increase in premiums.

No win ………. No fee ……….. don’t make me laugh, we are all paying for it.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Business/Car-Insurance-Premiums-Soar-By-More-Than-40-In-A-Year-In-Further-Blow-To-Cash-Strapped-Drivers/Article/201104215970983

Making a loss I don't think so http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/south_east/8544715.stm