Can I buy Gelish nail products?

I need to find out more about 'Gelish' I want to buy the gelish products, a UV lamp and brushes, but as i hate ebay im struggling to find somewhere that sells all the things I need. I was wondering if someone could help me find the things i need. Im not a nail technician so a bit lost lol. many thanks

Threads merged. Please don't start more than one thread on the same topic, thanks.

I want to di gellish at home but 'apparently' i need to be a qualified nail technician, i only want to do them on myself. Can i buy them through a secondary company/person? Thanks

If its gel nails equipment that you are after there are lots of websites selling it just google gel nails, here's one

http://www.essentialnails.com/pages/default.aspx

You don't have to be a nail technician to buy the products.

Tannery Works ( Chesterfield Road S8 ) Do a gelish Manicure for only £20! Have some lovely Colours too and it doesnt take that long! :) xx

You do need to be a professional to use professional products!!

Why do you think they are not on sale to the general public.

Ebay sellers selling gelish and shellac are getting closed down as I well know. They are not authorised to sell to the public.

You have to have a manicure and pedicure certificate - have you one of these???

You have to know the system of gelish. You cannot just go out and buy it. How do you know when you have cured each layer? how do you know if you havent cured or if you have over cured and damage your nail and get heat spikes???

You wont! because you are not trained and qualified. Its people like you that give nail techs a bad name. Buying dodgy products from ebay and doing nails!!

It cost £20 for a set of gelish nails not much when it lasts for 3 weeks.

You cant just buy gelish colour there are other things that go with it so dont expect good nails because they arent going to be.

Your the type of person we hate because we train for years doing nails and someone like you thinks they know it and they end up ruining there nails and whoever elses!

spend money get qualifications and then do it,because if you do decide to do it on anyone and it goes wrong like it will your butt is going to be sued because you wont have public liability or insurance!

Take advice and dont bother

I need to find out more about 'Gelish' I want to buy the gelish products, a UV lamp and brushes, but as i hate ebay im struggling to find somewhere that sells all the things I need. I was wondering if someone could help me find the things i need. Im not a nail technician so a bit lost lol. many thanks

you need a manicure/pedicure cert to be able to buy gelish or any other PROFESSIONAL product. Dont buy of ebay because there are fakes on there pretending to be gelish when really they just stick the label on. You will never know because you are not trained it gelish.

Leave it to the professionals

You do need to be a professional to use professional products!!

Why do you think they are not on sale to the general public.

Ebay sellers selling gelish and shellac are getting closed down as I well know. They are not authorised to sell to the public.

You have to have a manicure and pedicure certificate - have you one of these???

You have to know the system of gelish. You cannot just go out and buy it. How do you know when you have cured each layer? how do you know if you havent cured or if you have over cured and damage your nail and get heat spikes???

You wont! because you are not trained and qualified. Its people like you that give nail techs a bad name. Buying dodgy products from ebay and doing nails!!

It cost £20 for a set of gelish nails not much when it lasts for 3 weeks.

You cant just buy gelish colour there are other things that go with it so dont expect good nails because they arent going to be.

Your the type of person we hate because we train for years doing nails and someone like you thinks they know it and they end up ruining there nails and whoever elses!

spend money get qualifications and then do it,because if you do decide to do it on anyone and it goes wrong like it will your butt is going to be sued because you wont have public liability or insurance!

Take advice and dont bother

The OP said she wants to do it on her own nails (oops assuming OP is female lol) She has not said anything about doing anyone elses!!!

And so what if she ruins her own nails that is up to her!

Thanks for all the replies, ive bought the gelish products a while ago now from a good ebay seller/private website seller. Im doing just fine. Done mine and familes lots of times and they look great. My hubbys cousin is a nail technician and over saw me the first few times and said i did brilliantly. Got the right equipment, prepared the nail perfectly and removed perfectly. I now do it regularly just for me and family as i enjoy it, never charge them either. As my hubbys cousin says who has been qualified for years its more difficult for acrylics etc.... But she admits its not rocket science using gellish products and and im doing fine. There is ssoo many websites and info its easy to know how to do it properly. I would get a qualification for all the other stuff like acrylics if i wanted to do them but i dont! If my hubbys cousin even says it then i think your being ridiculous being offended by it! Its nails, not brain surgery! If you wanted a job that no-one would do as a hobby then you should have become a nurse or solicitor! Some people like doing their own nails and maybe friends and family as a hobby, get over it!

Edited by iphonelover

I think what qualified said and the way it was said was wrong however I can see what was meant. Yes professional products can and should only be bought by professionals however there are usually alternatives that can be bought by the public. Also it is right that you could damage your nails, possibly perminantly.

However saying "WE" hate is a bit of a generalisation, I certainly don't have a problem with people having a go. Having a go myself in the first place is what got me into wanting to know how to do nails and getting qualified.

As said above there is nothing to say the OP will do anyones nails other than their own and if that is the case why shouldn't she have a go

I think what qualified said and the way it was said was wrong however I can see what was meant. Yes professional products can and should only be bought by professionals however there are usually alternatives that can be bought by the public. Also it is right that you could damage your nails, possibly perminantly.

However saying "WE" hate is a bit of a generalisation, I certainly don't have a problem with people having a go. Having a go myself in the first place is what got me into wanting to know how to do nails and getting qualified.

As said above there is nothing to say the OP will do anyones nails other than their own and if that is the case why shouldn't she have a go

Thanks laura. I would never charge or do anyones other than families. Maybe one day i will go to college, for me its a hobby. If shes offended its ridiculous. Girls doig nails is a popular hobby.

Thanks laura. I would never charge or do anyones other than families. Maybe one day i will go to college, for me its a hobby. If shes offended its ridiculous. Girls doig nails is a popular hobby.

Hahaha i dont think you are listening sweetie!! it is a proffesional product that only professionals should use! you are not a professional. do you know how much we have to pay to train as nail therapists and technicians for some silly little girl to post on a forum asking where to get a professional product from! you say you are only doing it on yourself and your family - what if you heat spike a family member and cause them serious harm?

You are not trained in gelish or any other nail products. Gelish,shellac acrylics are not a bloody hobby! why do you think you need training and certificates and insurance. Just for the fun of it i suppose. Ask any trained nail tech and see what they say,they will say exactly the same thing. get trained up before you use a unknown product.

What if you undercure the gelish and you get a serious infection in your nail-this will happen trust me!!

Hahaha i dont think you are listening sweetie!! it is a proffesional product that only professionals should use! you are not a professional. do you know how much we have to pay to train as nail therapists and technicians for some silly little girl to post on a forum asking where to get a professional product from! you say you are only doing it on yourself and your family - what if you heat spike a family member and cause them serious harm?

You are not trained in gelish or any other nail products. Gelish,shellac acrylics are not a bloody hobby! why do you think you need training and certificates and insurance. Just for the fun of it i suppose. Ask any trained nail tech and see what they say,they will say exactly the same thing. get trained up before you use a unknown product.

What if you undercure the gelish and you get a serious infection in your nail-this will happen trust me!!

I am a trained nail technician and I see no problem in her using it on herself she has been shown how to use it by a qualified nail tech. As they are family they will know that she isn't qualified. Did you never try to do nails before you qualified?