Can I buy Gelish nail products?

I want to di gellish at home but 'apparently' i need to be a qualified nail technician, i only want to do them on myself. Can i buy them through a secondary company/person? Thanks

try sallys

Hahaha i dont think you are listening sweetie!! it is a proffesional product that only professionals should use! you are not a professional. do you know how much we have to pay to train as nail therapists and technicians for some silly little girl to post on a forum asking where to get a professional product from! you say you are only doing it on yourself and your family - what if you heat spike a family member and cause them serious harm?

You are not trained in gelish or any other nail products. Gelish,shellac acrylics are not a bloody hobby! why do you think you need training and certificates and insurance. Just for the fun of it i suppose. Ask any trained nail tech and see what they say,they will say exactly the same thing. get trained up before you use a unknown product.

What if you undercure the gelish and you get a serious infection in your nail-this will happen trust me!!

Firstly, do not come on here and call me a 'silly little girl'. Who the hell do you think you are! You dont know me and seem jealous to death im good at it without a qualification! Dont worry im not going to steal your business off you :roll: Like i said if you have a problem with people doing things like nails as a hobby you should have become a scientist! YES people doing their own nails is a hobby! Many many people buy shellac, gelish etc without being trained, ranting, raving and insulting people will not change that! Alot of people put acrylics on their own nails and have done for years with no self harm!

All your doing is making yourself come across like an immature person. Secondly for your information as previously mentioned I HAVE spoke to nail technicians and none have issues like you, there is even another nail technician on this thread trying to tell you the same thing as well. Ladies will do their own nails and family and friends without being qualified throughout your entire life, because they are good at it and do a good job as a hobby without qualifications. Not like their are saying they are qualified when they arent. My family and friends have done their own nails for years and NEVER had problems, so the chance of it DEFINATELY happening are slim. Noone is pretending to be qualified when they are not, and nooone is charging to do nails as a hobby! Like i said, get over it.

Edited by iphonelover

Hahaha i dont think you are listening sweetie!! it is a proffesional product that only professionals should use! you are not a professional. do you know how much we have to pay to train as nail therapists and technicians for some silly little girl to post on a forum asking where to get a professional product from! you say you are only doing it on yourself and your family - what if you heat spike a family member and cause them serious harm?

You are not trained in gelish or any other nail products. Gelish,shellac acrylics are not a bloody hobby! why do you think you need training and certificates and insurance. Just for the fun of it i suppose. Ask any trained nail tech and see what they say,they will say exactly the same thing. get trained up before you use a unknown product.

What if you undercure the gelish and you get a serious infection in your nail-this will happen trust me!!

Alot of people pay alot of money & time to get trained up in all sorts of professions but you not see hairdressers on here talking in such a manner about people who have bleached their hair at home and knackered it with professional products they bought from Sallys for instance or bookkeepers moaning about people messing up their books and wanting them to get them in order a week before year end! You could have advised an alternative in a friendly manner but you chose to be aggressive and even insulting in the above post :roll:

I am a trained nail technician and I see no problem in her using it on herself she has been shown how to use it by a qualified nail tech. As they are family they will know that she isn't qualified. Did you never try to do nails before you qualified?

Thank you, Ive never known a person have such issues, Its truely ridiculous. Its not job where only someone qualified can touch a nail, if she wanted that she is in the wrong profession im afraid. Im not qualified and my family know that, they love the end result and love how nice and strong and healthy their nails are since ive been manicuring them. They are happy and i enjoy doing it. I would never pretend to be qualified or take money for doing their nails :)

a lot of nail techs have issues with public buying these products as its a growing number of people who are doing it themselves, obviously meaning less customers for them. Im not qualified in nails at all, but i love doing my nails, I have been doing lots of research over the last month or so and bought all the stuff i needed (bought a 36w uv lamp off ebay for £30) I've also been to sallys (luckily im qualified in hairdressing so have a trade card) and gone mad at sallys with the ASP stuff and some shellac stuff off another website.

I've always enjoyed doing my nails but wanted to have a go with gel. I am going to look at doing a course on them but cant afford to at the minute, but i cant see the issue with doing them on urself, but like i said find out as much info as possible before u have a go, i suggest reading forums like salon geek (altho becareful cos this is full of professionals who do get angry about public getting in on their trade and doing it themselves), also angel nail is good website and youtube is great!! without the training ur never going to be as good as a qualified tech but they know all health and safety n best technique to start but alot of it i believe boils down to practice and perfecting your technique.

Anyway Sallys @ heeley retail park on queens road have gelish nail varnishs but i've been using the ASP gel for extensions and its good place to start but the gel products are not the cheapest even with a trade card!!

i suggest reading forums like salon geek (altho becareful cos this is full of professionals who do get angry about public getting in on their trade and doing it themselves)

Really? I find that a bit crazy! Like the post's form Qualified. I work in accounts and I am a member of the bookkeepers forum, people who do hold any qualifications come on there all the time for advice and others respond with their best advice. Nothing like 'I spent £5K getting qualified and now you think you can just come on here and do it yourself!' because the fact is alot can and it is just a childish response!

I regard a forum as somewhere people can look for help & information, if others have no intention of sharing it, why have they registered?!

I think the Mod should close this thread now.

Edited by jenand8285

Really? I find that a bit crazy! Like the post's form Qualified. I work in accounts and I am a member of the bookkeepers forum, people who do hold any qualifications come on there all the time for advice and others respond with their best advice. Nothing like 'I spent £5K getting qualified and now you think you can just come on here and do it yourself!' because the fact is alot can and it is just a childish response!

I regard a forum as somewhere people can look for help & information, if others have no intention of sharing it, why have they registered?!

I think the Mod should close this thread now.

hey dont shoot the messenger! :) Yep unfortunately there are some really nasty msgs on there that some nail techs have put on nail geek forum to ppl not in the trade asking for advise and help and again the issue comes up about them having spent all this money to do this course that course etc, i couldnt believe that tey were being so horrible, Well thats it i dont understand what the issue is with people doing anything on themselves as long as they've done the research and are doing it on themselves or if they are doing it on others as long as they know there not qualified then leave them too and stop getting ants in ya pants about it all!!!

a lot of nail techs have issues with public buying these products as its a growing number of people who are doing it themselves, obviously meaning less customers for them. Im not qualified in nails at all, but i love doing my nails, I have been doing lots of research over the last month or so and bought all the stuff i needed (bought a 36w uv lamp off ebay for £30) I've also been to sallys (luckily im qualified in hairdressing so have a trade card) and gone mad at sallys with the ASP stuff and some shellac stuff off another website.

I've always enjoyed doing my nails but wanted to have a go with gel. I am going to look at doing a course on them but cant afford to at the minute, but i cant see the issue with doing them on urself, but like i said find out as much info as possible before u have a go, i suggest reading forums like salon geek (altho becareful cos this is full of professionals who do get angry about public getting in on their trade and doing it themselves), also angel nail is good website and youtube is great!! without the training ur never going to be as good as a qualified tech but they know all health and safety n best technique to start but alot of it i believe boils down to practice and perfecting your technique.

Anyway Sallys @ heeley retail park on queens road have gelish nail varnishs but i've been using the ASP gel for extensions and its good place to start but the gel products are not the cheapest even with a trade card!!

Hey, good luck with doing them yourself, since starting this thread a while ago

I, like you, bought uv lamp and products and have been doing them on myself successfully. My nails look wonderful and are in good condition. Dont let anyone put you off :) i even do my families when they want. Maybe one day i will do a nail course and do it as a job but for the moment im happy wiyh it as a hobby :) as for salon geek i hate that website, some real bitches on there. There are some nice girls as well, a few pm'd me who were lovely, but the majority are horrid. Good luck again and let me know what colours are your favourites :)

i doubt the gelish will be fake. It's more likely that people can get hold of the stuff and know its sellable.

u will find alot of the stuff on ebay is fake just like designer clothes, bags they imitate the bottle and put god knows what in it, its professional because it has to be taken off properly its not a case of just using acetone like normal polish, theres alot more to it.

u will find alot of the stuff on ebay is fake just like designer clothes, bags they imitate the bottle and put god knows what in it, its professional because it has to be taken off properly its not a case of just using acetone like normal polish, theres alot more to it.

I found a really good shop on ebay for gelish stuff and never had a problem. Soaking them off is easy if you do it right.

yep if u do it right. obviously im not arguing with u using it on urself thats up to u but i think its wrong to make out its the real stuff when u dont actually know if it is, if u cant legitimately buy gelish from the uk distributors and have to buy fom an unknown source on ebay u cant actually know if its real or not and to promte buying unknown products from ebay i find that a bit irresponsible especially when ive had clients tell me they bought "gelish" from ebay bring it in to show me and we could clearly see its not gelish as the same colours ive got are different in colour, if u want to keep buying fair u do that but to promote buying unknown product especially when a number of complaints have been sent in to nail harmony allergic reactions to bottles that have been bought from ebay its not fair.

unfortunately harmony cant stop these replicas just like the designer labels cant stop fake bags. we just try to educate people the best we can.

yep if u do it right. obviously im not arguing with u using it on urself thats up to u but i think its wrong to make out its the real stuff when u dont actually know if it is, if u cant legitimately buy gelish from the uk distributors and have to buy fom an unknown source on ebay u cant actually know if its real or not and to promte buying unknown products from ebay i find that a bit irresponsible especially when ive had clients tell me they bought "gelish" from ebay bring it in to show me and we could clearly see its not gelish as the same colours ive got are different in colour, if u want to keep buying fair u do that but to promote buying unknown product especially when a number of complaints have been sent in to nail harmony allergic reactions to bottles that have been bought from ebay its not fair.

unfortunately harmony cant stop these replicas just like the designer labels cant stop fake bags. we just try to educate people the best we can.

I would agree however this ebay shop has fantastic reviews on their gellish products and my cousin who is a nail technician even orders her stuff from there and the salon where she works says although they dont buy from there forthe salon (they get it cheaper at the warehouse) says there products are from a trusted seller. So there you go. If people do there research rather than buying from just any ebay shops the they cant go wrong.