TJ Hughes branch relocation MEGATHREAD

So the people in Leeds can watch events without having to travel to another city?

my question was in answer to the bold, so the above by you has no bearing

We don't have one partly because they opened in those cities, and they don't tend to have more than one in an area, in the way that Leeds doesn't have a shopping centre as big as Meadowhall (because we have one) and only recently got an Arena - there's not a market for every city to get the same thing

Thanks Det,you have made my week,nay,my year.

Have you seen the news about the Sevenstones project though, its going to be reduced 25% in size.

Have you seen the news about the Sevenstones project though, its going to be reduced 25% in size.

To 5.25 stones?

So the people in Leeds can watch events without having to travel to another city?

So why not spread the Olympics around England.

So why not spread the Olympics around England.

Err, it is. You can watch football in various cities, watch the sailing on the south coast etc...

I did hear they were going to use The Moor for the beach volleyball but decided not to as it was too upmarket :rolleyes:

Err, it is. You can watch football in various cities, watch the sailing on the south coast etc...

To some extent, yes it is. However, England did not win the Olympics - London did. They're awarded to a city, not a country. If our bid had been to have events scattered all over the country and not concentrated in London, we would have finished dead last in the voting - if we'd even been allowed to participate in it!

To some extent, yes it is. However, England did not win the Olympics - London did. They're awarded to a city, not a country. If our bid had been to have events scattered all over the country and not concentrated in London, we would have finished dead last in the voting - if we'd even been allowed to participate in it!

Exactly. The football and sailing is about the only things that are guaranteed to spill out of the host city in any bid. Anything else is a bonus.

sheffield second best to leeds again sheffield council = joke