Strike action on the 30th, which schools are affected?

It might also be worth looking at when school came to be seen as a a childcare provider rather than a place of education.
I believe you have that wrong.

For monoparental families and dual-working families, schools are necessarily both, always have been, always will be.

For the very simple reason that single parents, and parents who both work, cannot ever be in two places at once: at work generating tax revenue and at home looking after their kids (out-of-school due to school closures/'inset days'/etc. during term time).

Now, if teachers don't mind receiving a bill from the parent's employer to recoup their loss of earnings/productivity, then strike away :twisted:

Teachers have been warned a few times already, that they don't have the public support that they think they have. The news on the 30th should be interesting ;)

Edited by L00b

It might also be worth looking at when school came to be seen as a a childcare provider rather than a place of education.

It's not the case at all, but your view probably came into being around the same time that it became impossible to live on a single wage in a two parent family due to house prices or rent, cost of living in general etc, unless you were dolewallers and earning a living playing the benefits game.

I'm proud my kids see both me and my wife working. THATS showing them how to get on in life.

This kind of action should be made illegal.QUOTE]

I agree, sack them and replace them with Merchant Bankers, mind you, they'd probably abscond with the dinner money.

I had a letter from Mundella the other day saying that 2 classes were to stay at home, but that didn't include my daughters class.

However, she bought a note home yesterday saying that her teacher is now striking too.

Children in the following classes are not to attend school on this day and you will need to make alternative arrangements for them:

Y6JL, Y6BW, Y6SE Y5RS Y4JJB Y2BR, Y2SR Y1/2RW, Y1/2ED YRAA

All pupils in other classes will be expected to be in school as usual

this is the letter we have had from marlcliffe primary school today.

It's not the case at all, but your view probably came into being around the same time that it became impossible to live on a single wage in a two parent family due to house prices or rent, cost of living in general etc, unless you were dolewallers and earning a living playing the benefits game.

I'm proud my kids see both me and my wife working. THATS showing them how to get on in life.

It's emphatically NOT my view.

I work, and always have done, full-time, and consider it my responsibility as a parent to make, and to pay for, any arrangements required to provide childcare so I can meet my work commitments.

I know some classes at Hollinsend Primary are closed because of the strike. Other classes will go ahead as normal.

My little un now has the day off on Thursday therefore she is going on strike on the Friday and we can have a nice long weekend !!:)

My daughters school is shut on the 30th and luckily i can juggle my work commitments so i dont lose any money, but the after school club is still charging for that day even though the school is closed.

Guest sibon
I believe you have that wrong.

I believe that he has it right. I'm not your babysitter, never have been, never will be.

For monoparental families and dual-working families, schools are necessarily both, always have been, always will be.

But they manage during the holidays.

Now, if teachers don't mind receiving a bill from the parent's employer to recoup their loss of earnings/productivity, then strike away :twisted:

)

Ah, all of a sudden, we become a vital cog in the wealth generating machine.

And I thought that we were a set of tax draining, unproductive, coffee swilling, skivers.

With regards it being too dangerous to attend work in the snow - it certainly was not too dangerous for people who were sent home on full pay to get to the shops, or to go sledging.

Not just teachers, but other public sector workers.

The problem with actions such as this, is that it will diminish people's support for the public sector