Fee agreed for Neil Mellor

League one and Two clubs have just accepted the UEFA salary cap recommendations, maybe that has something to do with it, not too bothered about Mellor to be honest, especially if he can't agree terms !

I for one is glad that the owls are to make a stance on spending to much money on grabbing players & agents :rant:

Mellor is in no doubt in my mind a good acqusition for the club at a fair price ? but greed would not be

League one and Two clubs have just accepted the UEFA salary cap recommendations, maybe that has something to do with it, not too bothered about Mellor to be honest, especially if he can't agree terms !

The salary cap will be an issue am sure, not sure on how this will effect clubs current wage structure and current under contract squads, and may force clubs like United to hold on to one or two of the high earners!

i'm not too bothered it's fallen through, was never 100% sure he would deliver. the club weren't held to ransom which is good, end of the day if he was that bothered about joining us he would of took reduced terms, it's not like he would of been on the poverty line with whatever the contract offer was. i'm sure we can find a player who wants to join the club for something other than money, if only a few other clubs wouldn't cave in to player demands maybe lees clubs would be in the mess they are in

Mellor would have wanted championship wages like he was on at preston.wednesday rightly refused. What mellor should have done is,signed ,helped get us promoted .then he would have been on championship wages. But footballers just dont think that way anymore.

Mellor would have wanted championship wages like he was on at preston.wednesday rightly refused. What mellor should have done is,signed ,helped get us promoted .then he would have been on championship wages. But footballers just dont think that way anymore.
Ive heard its nowt to do with wages, its all about the length of contract, Mellor wants 3 years but SWFC have only put 2 years on the table so far.

still give us 20 goals a season

i would have gave him his deal who else can we get for the terms he wants ??

le fondre over rated

harwood up and down

Ive heard its nowt to do with wages, its all about the length of contract, Mellor wants 3 years but SWFC have only put 2 years on the table so far.
If he is happy with the wages, and we offer him a two year contract,and he still wants more,stuff him and look elsewere.

Mellor's a good player, i think his career was going stale at Preston wherever he ends up i reckon he will do very well in the future.

I have to agree with you on this...from what I saw of Mellor last season (when you wer on TV) and from what my ex fella says about him he looks a very decent player.

He is one ex Wednesday I would welcome at the lane any day...:)

I have to agree with you on this...from what I saw of Mellor last season (when you wer on TV) and from what my ex fella says about him he looks a very decent player.

He is one ex Wednesday I would welcome at the lane any day...:)

Like someone else said I'd rather have him than the likes of Adam Le Fondre..

Like someone else said I'd rather have him than the likes of Adam Le Fondre..

I saw adam play last season at Rotherham - he looked heavy and I didnt rate him at all. I think that division suits him but I dont think he would make it at any other level unless he got ultra fit.

I saw adam play last season at Rotherham - he looked heavy and I didnt rate him at all. I think that division suits him but I dont think he would make it at any other level unless he got ultra fit.

Apparently it's more to do with the length of contract rather than the wages on offer, maybe something could still be sorted.