Notice to leave Home, is a reason required?

Hi,

On 5th may i recieved a letter from my landlords agent stating that the landlord need to regain possestion of the property and giving me 2 months notice to vacate the premises.

I spoke directly to the landlord and asked why, as my rent is up to date and have had no complaints against me as a tennant snd he stated that a relative was in a tangle and needed somewhere to live.

Whilst the agent is currently helping to find me another suitable property to live in, can the landlord regain possestion for any reason he likes.

also my notice was served 7 days before my 6 month shorthold agreement ran out.

thanks.

yeah, thanks mate, 2 months is correct, i just wondered if they needed a reason, as i suspect he has had enough of his lad at home, so is making me leave to accomadate him,

i know blood is thicker that water, but i am well cheesed off!!!

Yes, what they have issued is a section 21 notice and the legal requirement is this is done 2 months prior to the date of them wishing to regain possesion of their property

they do not have to have a reason other than they do not wish to continue the letting agreement

good luck with it all

Hi,

On 5th may i recieved a letter from my landlords agent stating that the landlord need to regain possestion of the property and giving me 2 months notice to vacate the premises.

I spoke directly to the landlord and asked why, as my rent is up to date and have had no complaints against me as a tennant snd he stated that a relative was in a tangle and needed somewhere to live.

Whilst the agent is currently helping to find me another suitable property to live in, can the landlord regain possestion for any reason he likes.

also my notice was served 7 days before my 6 month shorthold agreement ran out.

thanks.

Go to the council with the notice to quit and they may give you priority status depending on your circumstances. Good luck

Thanks everyone, i have been down the council, and am going to register on their housing list. Though think i will have to remain in private sector as i have no dependant kids living with me.

I have rented privately for 7 years now, and this is the first problem i have had, i would imagine that council housing offers a little more security

Thanks everyone, i have been down the council, and am going to register on their housing list. Though think i will have to remain in private sector as i have no dependant kids living with me.

I have rented privately for 7 years now, and this is the first problem i have had, i would imagine that council housing offers a little more security

it does but given what some people on here think about being a council tenant expect some flak mate.they would much rather see you carry on private renting :loopy: